autoglym anyone?

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went to the local car parts place and noticed they carried a new line of car waxes and polishers called "autoglym". I read the label and apparently it is appointed by the Queen of England herself, i did a quick search here and cant seem to find any results.

So has anyone used Autoglym's care care products such as the high def'n wax and the super resin polish?

J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard of it and have never read anything bad about it. I have never tried it personally and have read that it is pricey, whatever that means as each man's "pricey" may vary. I did get a chuckle out of the "Queen's blessings" part. Like she has ever detailed a car before! :rolaugh:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to post pics this evening of my 17 year old Calibra after a full detail with most of the products that Autoglym has in their program.
I'm told this is what all of the dealerships in the area use, and I personally prefer it over Meguiars with the ***** sprayheads on their bottles that break within 5 minutes of use.
As you will see when I post pics of the windows, Autoglym glass polish is top knotch and really delivers a popping showroom-new shine.
I can absolutely recommend this brand!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok first a showcase of what a bottle of Clean Wheels can do to rims with severe brake dust on them (BBS on my dad's car). I merely rinsed them in, if not once then twice, NO additional scrubbing with a brush or anything and they already look showroom worthy. Some minor additional scrubbing here and there of any remaining spots might still be neccessary though.

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Fronts are really bad

After:

Remember that badly dusted front rim? Spray the entire rim ROYALLY two times then rinse off with pressure washer and they look as good as new!

The back rim for good measure which was not dusted so badly

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onto my 17 year old baby that is currently tucked away in storage until better times arrive.

This was the day after I got her when the cheesy door decal and bling rear license plate frame were still on and she was dirty from a good 200 kilometer drive. Sorry the first pics are so big, I am not at my pc right now where the originals are stored and can not resize them on my laptop.

Gone be the door decals, plate frame and dirt! This was after a shampoo wash followed by a spray bottle of Aqua Wax, Bumper Care, Clean Wheels and Glass Polish.

Old and light grey at first, now shiny and anthracite again

OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that's impressive, i think i'll have to pick up a bottle of wheel cleaner as i have a few cars whose rims are absolutely filthy!!!!

thanks again and happy motoring

J

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that's impressive, i think i'll have to pick up a bottle of wheel cleaner as i have a few cars whose rims are absolutely filthy!!!!

thanks again and happy motoring

J

Glad to be of help, if you need to know about any of their other products just let me know :2tu: This is what the Clean Wheels bottle will hopefully look like over there:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i took the plunge and picked up some wheel cleaner along with the super resin polish, and all i can say is the wheel cleaner is good, got some of the brake dust out, but could'nt do much for the extreme pitting i had. nonetheless i was impressed and happy.

With regards to the super resin polish, i used it on my 15yr old A4 and wow, restored the paint quite a bit, now i used my good ole hands to apply it as i dont like my random orbital polisher but easy on, easy off, great shine..

ok now for the crappy part, i spent 4 hrs on it, but then it has been raining since then , haaaaaaaaaaaa oh well...it was a good test before i use it on my lovely....

thanks again for all your help people!

J