automatic trans conversion?

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all, Anyone know who does or can do an auto tranny in a viper? I have a friend who is elderly and wants a viper but has to have an auto for health reasons, any help would be appreciated. Jerry

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry -

I know of a couple of automatic tranny Vipers. One is on the east coast and we have one that belongs to one of our Kansas City VCA members. I know that our local guy originally had his done down in Houston but it had lots of problems. He actually had Woodhouse get it fixed up and it seems to have been working great ever since! I don't know that Woodhouse would do the conversion itself, but know they did repair Aaron's car well.

I can put you in touch with Aaron if you wish, just drop me an e-mail.

Chris

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Gary Dan, one of our NJ region members, has a TWO year story to tell you about his conversion. The final outcome is one heckuva great running automatic Viper that Gary can run down the 1/4 more consistantly than most! The shop that finally "made it right" is Chris Collision (Chris Barone, owner, is an avid Viper racer, and owns a Viper performance and modification shop)

Here's some telephone numbers:

Gary Dan, owner of the autoSnake - (973) 243-1024

Chris Barone, builder of autoSnake - (973) 736-0465

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Frame cutting IS required ... but Gary D is an engineer by degree, so all the appropriate beefing and bracing was added to make sure all is solid as a rock.

By the way, check out Chris' new website at www.snakepitracing.com .. it's very cool!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21