automatic

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might as well start. Your going to here it for this thread:bonker: DUDE you have got to be Nuking Futz, an automatic!! Let the good times role this will be a fun thread to watch:eater:

OP
OP

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did see an automatic on here somewhere, and was wonderind who made them, a friend of mine tried to install one and failed,so just for laughs, who makes one and why

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are automatics made. I think someone handicapped had one some time ago. Not such a stupid question; it's come up before.

~Craig

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our local members has an RT/10 with an automatic (not sure if "handicapped" is politically correct these days, however he has one prosthetic arm and one prosthetic leg). I am fairly sure it is a from a Dodge truck before they were building the SRT10 Ram.

Realize that the quad cab SRT10 Ram is an automatic from the factory, so that might be a good place to start.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid question? Depends on why you're asking. If it is for a handicap person or for a fullblown race car, not a stupid question at all. If its because you can't drive a stick or you want it so your wife can drive the Viper, stupid question :)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be in luck. A new 6 speed automatic transmission went on the market in January for Ram diesels (68RFE). It was originally intended to be used for the 8.4L Viper engine in the SRT-10 truck as well. It can handle 650 ft-lbs. Biggest concern would be controller related but it could be done.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your looking for 1/4 mile action, call Dan Craigin @ DC Performance. Not my style, but automatics are the choice in drag racing.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid question? Depends on why you're asking. If it is for a handicap person or for a fullblown race car, not a stupid question at all. If its because you can't drive a stick or you want it so your wife can drive the Viper, stupid question :)

I just want to say that my wife bought me my viper for my 50th birthday and she can drive a manual transmission. But if she could not and she wanted me to convert to an automatic I do not believe that it would be out of the question or stupid seeing she paid for the car with her money. I am not slamming you but saying what you did above is not a good way to get your wife to be agreeable to spending tons of money on your car when I am sure she could find other ways to spend the money Again I thank my wife and partner for the wonderful wife she gave me, my 2003 viper..

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told you this would be a FUN thread.

Wife bashing has begun:popcorn:

Robbie; thats awsome your wife did that!! Mine was very excited about me getting one especially after we sat together in it. I personally couldn't enjoy an automatic in a car like this.
I know if you doing 1/4 mile runs etc. there might be a place for it maybe.... :bolt:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to say that my wife bought me my viper for my 50th birthday and she can drive a manual transmission. But if she could not and she wanted me to convert to an automatic I do not believe that it would be out of the question or stupid seeing she paid for the car with her money. I am not slamming you but saying what you did above is not a good way to get your wife to be agreeable to spending tons of money on your car when I am sure she could find other ways to spend the money Again I thank my wife and partner for the wonderful wife she gave me, my 2003 viper..[/quote]

I am thinking (HOPING??????) you meant you were thanking your wife and partner for the 'wonderful gift' she gave you??? Not a Viper as a wife?!! :omg: :lmao: Glad you appreciate her and what she does for you! Good to hear. :cool: You're a cool dude. ~juli~

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand why some guys have to remove a ******** to make their wife happy, but if you're gonna remove both of them just so she can drive an automatic Viper then I gotta wonder, do you share the same wardrobe too?

It's either that or some of you guys are married to some really rich sugar mommas.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was married and my wife wanted an auto Viper...I'd either rent a manual tranny car or find a buddy with a manual tranny car and spend a day and teach her how to drive it. Unless its a LEGIT reason, no Viper should be an automatic. Not knowing how to drive a stick is not a legit reason for neutering a Viper. When we were born, none of us could drive a manual tranny car. We learned, so can any woman :)

toolwench

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't help but chuckle reading this thread. I think I drive our Viper more than my husband does... I certainly do all the oil changes and keep air in the tires.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to say that my wife bought me my viper for my 50th birthday and she can drive a manual transmission. But if she could not and she wanted me to convert to an automatic I do not believe that it would be out of the question or stupid seeing she paid for the car with her money. I am not slamming you but saying what you did above is not a good way to get your wife to be agreeable to spending tons of money on your car when I am sure she could find other ways to spend the money Again I thank my wife and partner for the wonderful wife she gave me, my 2003 viper..[/quote]

I am thinking (HOPING??????) you meant you were thanking your wife and partner for the 'wonderful gift' she gave you??? Not a Viper as a wife?!! :omg: :lmao: Glad you appreciate her and what she does for you! Good to hear. :cool: You're a cool dude. ~juli~

Thanks Juli! My wife can shift the gears in our Viper with no problem at all even though she has 5 pins in her left clutch foot and ankle. My best friend, Kelly. is a lady who can out drive a lot of men I know. When she drives the viper she uses a technique for shifting that I used when i was road racing in the 1970's. She only used the clutch for ST gear and shifts through all the gears without using the clutch. She is so smooth that she hits her rpm marks perfectly every time. How many woman or men do you know out there that can do this?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racer Robbie~~I apologize for any misunderstandings you may have read in my posts. :( I was just LOL'ing where you thanked your wife for for the wonderful wife she gave you--the '03 Viper. Just a play on words there...I'm sorry your wife has pins in her left foot and ankle, and am amazed she can drive this wonderful car. I in no way meant any disrespect, as I am always impressed with men who acknowledge / appreciate a woman's interest in cars, as you do. Mea Culpa--no harm/no foul ever intended. :sorry2:
~juli~

Reaction score
We are currently converting one of the "Snakeskin" editions to an automatic for the same reasons as above. If you would like the info and contacts for this project please feel free to call me. It is by the way a "very" pricey conversion and no the Dodge Ram transmission will not fit, at least not readily, alot of cuttung above and below.

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Viper
800-889-1893

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was married and my wife wanted an auto Viper...I'd either rent a manual tranny car or find a buddy with a manual tranny car and spend a day and teach her how to drive it. Unless its a LEGIT reason, no Viper should be an automatic. Not knowing how to drive a stick is not a legit reason for neutering a Viper. When we were born, none of us could drive a manual tranny car. We learned, so can any woman :)

Ha Ha Ha....Nice post!!! and I fully agree !!

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the Viper purists.......

Why do we not like an automatic in our Vipers?

Drag racing is done with automatics... why not use one in a road race car?

I just don't know why clutches are preferred by the purist?

Is there a performance advantage to a stick in a road course?

Why would an automatic not work in a road course?

I'm looking to be edumacated here. :eater:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who makes the best automatic for the 05 viper

if i were to put an automatic in my (or any) Viper, it would be this one:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI&feature=related[/media]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member