Average Age

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not asking people to post there age, that would be way to long of a thread but I was wondering if any one knew of a study/report on the average age/profession of a Viper owner. I thought it would be interesting to see a break down of age/job/year of viper. Any way, not asking for people to post their age or anything, that would be a rather long and boring thread.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAXUM did a comparison about who typically owned what cars.

They came to the conclusion that vipers were owned by people in their mid 20s, usual members of the triad.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vipers were owned by people in their mid 20s

Are you kidding me? I could be considered "mid 20s" and know few other people my age who could afford to buy, and more importantly keep, a Viper. In fact, just about everyone I meet is amazed that I own one at such a relatively young age (sure there are a few 18 year olds with them, but daddy buying it for you doesn't count). If Maxim really said that, that's further proof that no one with half a brain should be reading that rag.

Chrysler actually did release the demographic of the average Viper buyer (keep in mind that is new buyer, not owner). It was something like 55 years old, married, income over $250k/yr.

If I had to guess from the boards, I'd say the average owner is in their mid 30s and is either self employed or rather well up in the ranks of whatever they are doing.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vipers were owned by people in their mid 20s
If Maxim really said that, that's further proof that no one with half a brain should be reading that rag.

Settle down Beavis. They did a spoof on alot of popular cars. The crack at vipers being owned my 20 year olds and members of the famous Asian mafia was part or the joke. I guess you had to read it.

Oh yeah. They are half naked chicks in the magazine.

I would say the owners are very diverse. I have met alot of young people with vipers. I think it appeals to the younger crowd more than alot of cars or the same caliber. Lets remember you can get a really nice used viper for the price of a new ford explorer. They are pretty affordable.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets remember you can get a really nice used viper for the price of a new ford explorer. They are pretty affordable.

This is true, and is part of the reason I am able to own one. However, there is a big difference, as an explorer is functional as a main car, whereas a Gen I Viper really isn't. So whereas spending say $35k on a car isn't that noteworthy, I would say spending $35k on a toy definatly is.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets remember you can get a really nice used viper for the price of a new ford explorer. They are pretty affordable.

This is true, and is part of the reason I am able to own one. However, there is a big difference, as an explorer is functional as a main car, whereas a Gen I Viper really isn't. So whereas spending say $35k on a car isn't that noteworthy, I would say spending $35k on a toy definatly is.

Correct. Although, if you own your main car. Say "a 99 ford ranger 4x4" its probably pretty easy to finance a $35,000 viper. :)

I just thinks its pretty funny when people see someone in a 94 rt and are like WOOOOW that guy must be a billionaire. :) . Thats whats pretty cool about vipers, you can spend 70 grand or 35 and get just about the same car.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler actually did release the demographic of the average Viper buyer (keep in mind that is new buyer, not owner). It was something like 55 years old, married, income over $250k/yr.
Sounds about right. When I got my RT/10 11/11/99 I read the average age was 52 and salary 190K.

If I had to guess from the boards, I'd say the average owner is in their mid 30s
The boards wouldn't be a good source for finding average age because most guys in their 50s aren't going to be posting as much as younger guys.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw an article in the newspaper this week that quoted J.D. Powers as saying the average age of Viper owners was 47 (average for Corvette owners was 46). If I can trace it back I will try to post a link.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe that newspaper article was on Tuesday's edition of the U.S.A Today. It was an article on how we are all a bunch of speed addicts and law breakers, not the Viper community, but anyone who buys sports cars. The article listed average age of buyers of certain sports cars including the Viper and Corvette.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, 47 for Viper, 45 for Corvette. Also compared the average age of buyers for the rest of the DC line..45. It listed about 5 companies, average age seemed to be in the forties for all of them.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have an average yet,,,,, only lived once so far... and not quite done with the current one!!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a persons average age would be calculated by subtracting their starting age from the present age and dividing by two.

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought myself a new 01 sapphire blue RT/10 from the Nelson Collection just a few days ago. I purchased it on my 26th birthday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala