Average Age

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I want to see 70-yr-olds driving Vipers is because I don't want to be alone when I'm 70 and still driving.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see some 70-yr-olds driving Vipers.

Hmmm... I know one who's 68... so that comes quite close.

A friend of mine drove his '95 RT well into his 80's until he couldn't get in and out anymore! :usa: :headbang:

I guess when he was 70 there was no such thing as a Viper!! :eek:

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see some 70-yr-olds driving Vipers.

Hmmm... I know one who's 68... so that comes quite close.

A friend of mine drove his '95 RT well into his 80's until he couldn't get in and out anymore! :usa: :headbang:

I guess when he was 70 there was no such thing as a Viper!! :eek:

I think that'd be the right moment to kill myself... Not being able to enter the Viper...
You must be registered for see images

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAXUM did a comparison about who typically owned what cars.

They came to the conclusion that vipers were owned by people in their mid 20s, usual members of the triad.

Damn... Maxim knows their stuff... how did they know I was 25? And asian...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have a 65+ year old with 4 vipers in our region, now really screws the figures up

if 47 is the average, I'm glad to be way below low average :D on this occassion

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 22 and I'm on my 2nd Viper -- both paid for with my own money. I owned my first at 20, I'm curious if anyone has purchased one at a younger age then me -- with their own money and not mom & dad's money...

I saw a while back that some kids parents bought him a 00 GTS for his 16th b-day, wonder if he's still alive?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see a 70+ year old get in and out of a snake! I used to bump my head every time the hard top was on the RT-10.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 67 and I still run Willow Springs every chance I get, I now have 17,800 and they just replaced my rear as I worn it out ;) Mines gets well used like it's suppost to :usa:

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 22 and I'm on my 2nd Viper -- both paid for with my own money. I owned my first at 20, I'm curious if anyone has purchased one at a younger age then me -- with their own money and not mom & dad's money...

I guess it depends on what you consider your own money. For instance you said you were 20 when you purchased your frist Viper then 22 for your second. Did you have a job to EARN money for those two Vipers. Not many 20 year olds can afford $40K+ car, if you did in fact earn it what did you do?. I have a friend who bought his at GTS at 18 along with a Ferrari F360 Modena Spider at 21 with his own money. Of course he didn't earn it, it was from his trust fund that was in his name.

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was still his money. If it was in his name, then he earned it. Right?

Mike

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was still his money. If it was in his name, then he earned it. Right?

Mike

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :rolleyes:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess it depends on what you consider your own money. For instance you said you were 20 when you purchased your frist Viper then 22 for your second. Did you have a job to EARN money for those two Vipers. Not many 20 year olds can afford $40K+ car, if you did in fact earn it what did you do?. I have a friend who bought his at GTS at 18 along with a Ferrari F360 Modena Spider at 21 with his own money. Of course he didn't earn it, it was from his trust fund that was in his name.

What do you think I meant when I said "my own money"? A trust fund wouldn't have been my own money -- it would have been my parents or guardians money. From 99-03 I sold sports cards/memorabilia via the internet & shows. I had a buyer from HI who was a billionare -- money didn't matter to him (along with a few other top buyers). I would buy the rarest, most hard to find cards in the market -- he would pay whatever for them! Needless to say, it went well...

So when I say "my own money" yes, I paid for them with the money I earned by myself. Not my mom or dad's, not a trust fund, not your money that I stole from you, MY MONEY.

Check my eBay ID: Sean9689 if you don't believe me. I have 1300+ feedback with NO negatives and I'm also an eBay Silver Power Seller. I sell limited edition pens on there now in my spare time (I graduated college in May and now work full time in management/operations in the auto industry).

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of the following apply to me, but:

What if mom and dad give me $2m. Put that money in a savings account and make $40,000 interest, which I use to buy a car. Was that "my" money that I bought the car with?

What if I worked for my dad, and he paid me $75k/yr for some cushy "gofer" job?

Regardless, Sean, that's a great success story. Congrats.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you think I meant when I said "my own money"? A trust fund wouldn't have been my own money -- it would have been my parents or guardians money. From 99-03 I sold sports cards/memorabilia via the internet & shows. I had a buyer from HI who was a billionare -- money didn't matter to him (along with a few other top buyers). I would buy the rarest, most hard to find cards in the market -- he would pay whatever for them! Needless to say, it went well...

So when I say "my own money" yes, I paid for them with the money I earned by myself. Not my mom or dad's, not a trust fund, not your money that I stole from you, MY MONEY.

Check my eBay ID: Sean9689 if you don't believe me. I have 1300+ feedback with NO negatives and I'm also an eBay Silver Power Seller. I sell limited edition pens on there now in my spare time (I graduated college in May and now work full time in management/operations in the auto industry).

Settle down Francis :rolleyes:

I nor anyone else said you didn't earn it, I asked a simple question and you took it the wrong way. No one is implying you didn't earn what you said you did. Congrats on the success. :2tu:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Settle down Francis :rolleyes:

I nor anyone else said you didn't earn it, I asked a simple question and you took it the wrong way. No one is implying you didn't earn what you said you did. Congrats on the success. :2tu:

Thanks Skippy! :rolleyes:

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
23 years old and driving my first Viper. To be honest with everyone I payed for half of my Viper with money I had saved over the course of college from the consulting jobs I had. My parents saved 24k while I was in college also as I had an athletic scholarship so they kicked that money towards the car. The other 15k they figured would be a graduation gift for me but I do consider myself spoiled and am not affraid to admit it.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you relatively young guys with Vipers need to get over yourselves. Your hands are going to get sore from patting yourselves on the back so much. All you really young guys seem just hell bent to be the youngest person ever to own a Viper. Who gives a sh.. :rolleyes: Every couple of months a new thread comes up titled "who is the youngest Viper owner here"..started from some guy so proud of the fact that he got a Viper at such and such an age. Some rare ones got their money entirely by themselves, but most got help from mommy and daddy in some way. Don't kid yourselves. You ain't all that.

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually,

All you relatively young guys who made your own money, and were able to purchase your own Viper... GOOD FOR YOU. I mean that in all sincerity! Don't get over yourself... WANT MORE and go get it.

Congrats to all you young guys who were able to come up with the means to purchase your dream car. Thumbs up!

Mike

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually,

All you relatively young guys who made your own money, and were able to purchase your own Viper... GOOD FOR YOU. I mean that in all sincerity! Don't get over yourself... WANT MORE and go get it.

Congrats to all you young guys who were able to come up with the means to purchase your dream car. Thumbs up!

Mike

Same goes for me. Props to the young guys who got their Vipers and everything else entirely by themselves. But if you mom and dad bought it for you, or if mom and dad paid for all your college and you just saved up the money to buy a car instead of paying for your own college, or if you're living off a trust fund, or if mom and dad set you up in business or helped you in any way monetarily than get over yourself if you got a Viper at a very young age. Any dipshhh can get mom and dad to pay for everything if they are rich. Ain't nothing special about that.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time I spoke with the 16 year old the Viper was fine. Hope it still is. He seemed like a nice kit though. I think he is 18 or 19 now.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All you relatively young guys with Vipers need to get over yourselves. Your hands are going to get sore from patting yourselves on the back so much. All you really young guys seem just hell bent to be the youngest person ever to own a Viper. Who gives a sh.. :rolleyes: Every couple of months a new thread comes up titled "who is the youngest Viper owner here"..started from some guy so proud of the fact that he got a Viper at such and such an age. Some rare ones got their money entirely by themselves, but most got help from mommy and daddy in some way. Don't kid yourselves. You ain't all that.

You can chill out a little there. I bought my first viper on my own at 23 and my Final Edition at 24. I did it all myself with no financial help from my parents. Jeeze, chill. I get annoyed with young guys who think they are hot $hit because mommy and daddy buy them expensive cars too but there are some of us who have worked hard and done well enough on our own to have a little fun here and there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala