B&B header install

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a set of used 1 3/4" B&B headers that don't have any instructions with them.

1. Does anybody have an extra set of installation instructions they could e-mail me?

2. Do you install the collectors first, then install the individual pipes or vice versa?

3. Is there a preferred sequence to installing the individual header pipes?

4. Which direction should the 02 **** on the collector point?

5. Do the 02 wires need to be extended?

6. Should sealant be applied to the header pipes where they come into the collector?

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!!!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Does anybody have an extra set of installation instructions they could e-mail me?
I'll look and see, but I think I did mine without instruction.

2. Do you install the collectors first, then install the individual pipes or vice versa?
I started with the primary tubes. The cylinder number is stamped on the flange. Then you slip the collector over the primary tubes. Each primary tube is cut a different length so you are not trying to stuff all 5 in at one time. Use some copper sylicone to help seal the connection. You may need to use a small piece of wood and hamer to tap the collector on. Tap, not smash, LOL.

3. Is there a preferred sequence to installing the individual header pipes?
You will see how they have to fit together when you start lining up the primary tubes. The directions may spell this out for you.

4. Which direction should the 02 **** on the collector point?
Same as stock.

5. Do the 02 wires need to be extended?
Mine did not.

6. Should sealant be applied to the header pipes where they come into the collector?
Yes, use the copper stuff.

Any other tips?

Thanks in advance!!!