B&M ripper shifter

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I need some quick help here. I just installed the above B&M Ripper short-shifter and it's not exactly what I expected. When the car is in neutral, the shifter doesn't center between 3 and 4 like the stock shifter. However, when doing the 2-3 shift, you can shift as fast as you want and you never miss 3rd. Is this what the shifter is supposed to be like? I've just never driven in a car where the shifter doesn't center itself when in neutral. Thanks!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you make sure to put the little plastic cup back on the new shifting ball? this is the ball that touches the tranny piece sealed under the shifter. I think without this, there would be play that would allow it not to be centered. i could be way off though.

OP
OP
R

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I removed the stock shifter, there wasn't anything on that ball....when I put in the new shifter I seated the ball in the plastic pocket that was in the case (where the original ball came out of).

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you grease the cup and ball before installing. I didnt bother greasing the cup and ball on my first install on my 2000 GTS, Had to take the shifter out and once I greased the cup and ball, all was well. I would also make sure small metal shaveing's didn't fall in the cup as well.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a the same shifter, when in N it rests in the middle (between 3 and 4). You are correct, no more missing 3rd. I am waiting for the Ram SRT-10 B&M to come out :)

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do believe that is what R/D had in mind, that is one of the most important shifts. Mine leans to the left when in neutral but is 100% faultless, love it!