B&M Short Throw-No HP Gain But...................

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
I agree with this opinion for a B&M upgrade, The stock Viper one is very sloppy. Probably the nicest shifting car I have driven is the 6-speed in Honda's S2000. A very sweet gearbox with really short shifts.

Craig

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The s2k shifts easier than anything else I've shifted, both for the shortness and smoothness of the throws, I can just about use 1 finger to nudge it through the gears...

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have stock right now. and i notice especially 1st to 2nd
the sloppiness you mention.

how hard is the install?
i noticed the illustrated garage had directions. for the do it your selfers... but i would rather have my local viper tech do it. how much do you this install will run?
should i mod the shifter of a car with only 3800 miles?
and never be able to go back to being stock again?
seeing that all the mods i have done can be put back easily to stock.
thanks
JIM

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
marv,
thanks was on vacation that week and missed the posts!!!
Jim
smile.gif

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this opinion for a B&M upgrade, The stock Viper one is very sloppy. Probably the nicest shifting car I have driven is the 6-speed in Honda's S2000. A very sweet gearbox with really short shifts.

Craig

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wilddude:
So how much for the SK2 shifter and is that a SVS product?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't mean to confuse, as jcaspar noted, s2k = Honda S2000, i.e. not a shifter option for the Viper
smile.gif