Back at home!

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I decided to share the simple joy of finally bringing my car home. After sitting in the shop for a year being ripped apart, poked, prodded, experimented with (you get the idea). I wondered if it would ever get to the point where it was simply MY COOL CAR. It is now finished (again) and in the garage so now it really feels like mine. I want to keep it away from the shop as much as I can so it feels like fun, not work. It's also nice to walk around it and drool in my leisure time.

Yes, that's a dirt road in the background in front of my humble home. The one MAJOR reason to hate bringing it home (not to mention the steep driveway that is quite tricky with that splitter).

The two vipers in the stall will be a short lived experience as it looks like the 94 is sold. It's been a great car for the 10 yrs I've had it and it will be missed. Wish I could keep both.

P1010108.JPG

P1010124.JPG

P1010129.JPG

63.JPG

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY nice pictures, Jeff--thanx for sharing them...how very sad about the '94:( no longer being in your garage...*sigh*....beautiful cars! ~juli~

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks.

The reality is that it does have to go back to finish the new hood project. The one pictured here will get the heave ** to make way for the more aggressive version. As much as I do not want to have any more down time, I am looking forward to that new hood.

Jeff

P1010119.JPG

P1010118.JPG

P1010122.JPG

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff peering at the pics above of the hood and fender lines I get the sense of the quality and workmanship that went into that car. Absolutely amazing. I am still astonished that you created that from scratch.

Congrats. I hope you are able to profit from your talents and time and energy put into this car. It is truely amazing and I cant stand body kits.

One comment - try to make some one off parts for the current car like a front splitter, rear wing, Roll hopes of some sort that you can sell to the Viper owners who are not ready for a complete makeover.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are great looking!!:2tu: The '94 looks as bad-ass as the day it was new!

As for the SRT, what all did you have to change to make the Coupe Fuel-Door work? Just the rear fenders I assume.

Front splitter looks hot too!

Very Nice job!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, cool pics. I especially like the pic with the two Vipers in the garage and the one head-on shot of the Serpent. Cant wait to see the new hood design.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Jeff,

Looks AWESOME! I can't wait to start the assembly process of my Street Serpent and especially can't wait for the new hood. The first picture with your '94 and your Serpent together confirm my thought process on making the move from my '93 to the SRT/Serpent.

If all goes well, I hope to have my Serpent hitting the streets for the fourth of July. I just started the reassembly of all the mechanicals and underbody sections and your pictures will motivate me to get going.

My only big question is paint color. Right now the frontrunner is Viper Copperhead - but a sinister Black would also look incredible.

Look forward to the pics of your hood.

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only big question is paint color. Right now the frontrunner is Viper Copperhead - but a sinister Black would also look incredible.

IMHO, a copperhead or nearly any pearl color would bring FAR more attention to your car, mainly because they bring up the design details and the curves. Black is mean and sinister (just like the Viper), but unless it's incredibly clean and shiny it might kill the details of a car when it's viewed from a medium distance.

Back to topic: way to go Jeff! I haven't seen a single negative (or even lukewarm) post about your design, and that means A LOT.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Looks AWESOME! I can't wait to start the assembly process of my Street Serpent and especially can't wait for the new hood. The first picture with your '94 and your Serpent together confirm my thought process on making the move from my '93 to the SRT/Serpent.

If all goes well, I hope to have my Serpent hitting the streets for the fourth of July. I just started the reassembly of all the mechanicals and underbody sections and your pictures will motivate me to get going.

Look forward to the pics of your hood.

ROCKET,

I'm looking forward to July, and I really hope to see the Copperhead version! Black is cool and sinister (as stated above), but I think copperhead is the better choice.

Jeff

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ROCKET62 - your Street Serpent would look great in Copperhead, maybe with a single Black stripe off center towards the driver's side. And your title is in the mail.

Outstanding work Jeff and maybe I'll decide to do it one day as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte