Background on 08 coupe for sale in IL

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any background on this car?

Dodge : Viper : eBay Motors (item 290397990578 end time Feb-08-10 08:53:30 PST)

Car is basically brand new, I would probably offer something in the mid to high 60s. Just figured I would make a thread in case a previous owner was on here. For some reason I always have some concern with really low mileage cars. Haven't been around since I sold my 03 so not sure if anything has changed with the 08s as far as what to look for.

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call and talk to John Gastman and he can probably give you all the details. He might know all the facts especially if it one of his customers cars.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red no stripes I would think low 60's. But it is dealer maybe mid 60's. The low milage is nice. It has factory warr. So no worries about drive train. I have been looking alot at 08's. Red seemed to be on the lower end of price range. There is a red one with only 287 miles asking 69k. Did you price the car threw KBB or edmunds? That maybe give you good idea where the car should be priced. Just my 2 cents either way Good Luck.

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I spoke to the salesman and they originally sold the car and took it back in on the trade, which I thought was good to hear.

Some research I did shows the cars trade value should be around $58K, dealers usually kill people on trades however so if the owner got that I would be shocked. Regardless, I have them working some numbers now but I would like to see the sales price be in the low 60's as well. I think it's important for them to make money on the deal. However, they are asking 73k and if they took it in for 56K-58K there is plenty of room to get something done.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. When was it 1st sold? Month/year? I just bought my 08new and had a thought, so just curious. Maybe someone bought it and didn't get the financing through the dealer and they TOOK the car back? Just thinking out loud. Good Luck

BTW Gen 4s ROCK :headbang:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
nazology, good to see you are "sniffing" a Gen IV Viper...you'll love it !! The latest Vipers are stronger cars in MANY ways!

That said, considering the troubles that you suffered with your 2003, it might behoove you to figure in a MaxCare 7 year warranty into the purchase price since the critical (at least in my opinion) break-in was done by another party...correctly or incorrectly.

I am sure John can/will help you with this...as well as answer any questions you may have on its service history, possible cam sensor change, or injector serial number batch.

Good hunting!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960