BaD DAY AT THE TRACK!!!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to the track today and the weather was good for power about 58 degrees. I was ready to put down some good numbers! all the way to the track I was focusing on the perfect pass. I knew that today would be the day! SO I arrive at the track and as usually the VIper is flooded with attention and the import guys lick their chops thinking the opportunity to Vido a beating on the Viper is at hand! I just smile real big as they blow that loud exhaust as they pass me by unloading! Mustangs Live in Fear when they hear the Snake come alive and began to RUMBLE!!!

As I drive around to get in Line the Crowd Moves rapidly to get the good view of the Snake unleashing it's power. Many wonder what that strange whistle is at Idle? emmm! I am lined against a hemi Cuda so it was a grand entrance with MOPAR all the way! I pull in the box and the camera's go to record as i DO A REAL NICE SMOKEY Burnout! the cuda sounds mean as I hear it's rumble next to me. I stage first and then he decides it is time. the lights began to tumble and as the light Turns Green I am ready to blast my way into a 9 second pass and suddenly the Cuda is going forward rapidly as I am stuck at light. That is right the half shaft twisted in half!!!! BOO HOO!!!!!!! all the camera's are turned to off the imports are laughing and people graciously help Push the once Violent sounding sanke to the Pits and on to the trailer.

But I will be Back!!! to show the Power of the snake!!! TBC

Need suggestions for new halfshafts???

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weren't you running the titanium Unitrax? If not what brand did you twist?

9 seconds will be yours soon enough. Glad to see you continually put that beast on the track.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can laugh for now. You will have their heads on a stick when you return to the track. Give them He!l.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really stinks! get the titanium ones and go out there again and give them hell!

Max

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof - I've got the old-style super HD Unitrax (good for 1200 HP, they say) and nary a problem so far. I do not know if they still have those available; Parts Rack may have some even if they're no longer made. Otherwise, try the Ti versions.

Sorry to hear about your incident. Certainly sounds like racing to me!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David- you scared me. Glad the car is ok. As I was reading I was afraid the hemi Cuda changed lanes on you.. Get the Ti half-shafts and we'll see your sig in the 9's soon.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It was the extra 17 RWHP created by the Vipair that was too much for the half shafts"

LOL!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel ...David ...I was @ SE Rendezvous in Ga. I was ready to run a good friend Lee Saunders(300 hp of Nitrous....usually runs 9.8 in the 1/4)....I did a NICE smokey burn out....staged(1 st pass of the night)popped the clutch and I screamed down the track a 1/2 inch.

10SE_halfs2a.jpg

Poop happens ....you have no control over most of it.

That is the sad part of racing ....things break!

There is always tomorrow.

David there is NOTHING better than Unitrax......

Cudaman :usa:

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

Dozens and dozens of 9 second passes and over 200 10 second passes on the ONLY set of HD halfhafts I have ever installed in my Viper....Oh! and Lee Saunders from the post above has them in his 9 second Viper as well.

Call me Monday and I will have you a set just like em by Wednesday!

Tom

Reaction score
David -

58 degrees yesterday? We were in the 80's. Please feel free to send some of that cool weather out this way so we can appreciate it also :) . Here in South Florida we haven't had any cool weather yet; Hot & Humid :( .

It's a real shame to see you make that haul to the track and have your misfortune but when you race it's not "if" but "when" you'll have something go wrong.

Better luck next time... I have faith in you David :2tu:

Doug

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** David. So so deserve that 9 second pass!! You are an excellent ambassador for the Viper and I for one will celebrate with you from the other side of the world when you get that pass that is due you.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great attitude David, you will be back stronger than ever :2tu: If the custom pulleys we are waiting for come in time, you might see me trying to rip an 11 second pass in my car in Texas lol :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960