Balanger Headers with O2 SENSORS ?????

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing to Balanger headers on my 2001 Viper...
How does the placement of the CO2 sensors effect the computor?
Do I need cats for the engine to run correctly?
What if run I run straight 3" exhaust no cats?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you possibly mean the O2 sensor?
smile.gif
I don't think there is any carbon dioxide sensors on the Viper!
clown.gif
I do think there are several related posts in the archives addressing these and many other exhaust questions, try the search key.
cool.gif

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The low speed surging and a/f ratio mapping issues are a function of rear O2 sensors' inputs that tell the ECU if the cats are working properly. If you leave the cats on, you won't have a problem. If you remove the cats, then the Apex Snakebox solution will be necessary.

The front O2 sensors' locations are critical. The sensors needs to operate at a certain temp. which cannot be achieved if the sensors are located in the header collector. I understand that Belanger has relocated the sensors' bungs upstream into one of the primary tubes to negate this problem. Obtain assurance that this is indeed the case and that this provides an affirmative solution.

As far as sound, quality, fit and finish, and performance are concerned, the system is excellent. RWHP gain with the full blown system; I would guess ~ 40.

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was drinking CO2 last night with "Butch" and thats why he said CO2, not 02.

I guess yours didnt wear off yet good buddy, hugh?

HAHA!

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
The low speed surging and a/f ratio mapping issues are a function of rear O2 sensors' inputs that tell the ECU if the cats are working properly. If you leave the cats on, you won't have a problem. If you remove the cats, then the Apex Snakebox solution will be necessary.

The front O2 sensors' locations are critical. The sensors needs to operate at a certain temp. which cannot be achieved if the sensors are located in the header collector. I understand that Belanger has relocated the sensors' bungs upstream into one of the primary tubes to negate this problem. Obtain assurance that this is indeed the case and that this provides an affirmative solution.

As far as sound, quality, fit and finish, and performance are concerned, the system is excellent. RWHP gain with the full blown system; I would guess ~ 40.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Do you think high flow cats are needed?

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YellowSnake:
I was drinking CO2 last night with "Butch" and thats why he said CO2, not 02.

I guess yours didnt wear off yet good buddy, hugh?

HAHA!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Listen Jerky Boy you know where you can stick it........

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Butch:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Do you think high flow cats are needed?

[/B]

I would engage experts such as John B. at Parts Rack on this question.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I understand it, you face 2 different issues with your desired setup. The first being the headers and the O2 sensor location. At this point the only solution that I know of is to have the sensor relocated to one of the primary tubes. I believe Belanger will make the headers like this if you request it. The second issue is the removal of the cats. If you take them out then you will need that Apex Snakebox doodad that Joe mentioned. The alternative would be to run high flow cats. You didn't listen when I told you this before did ya?

Hey Jason, I thought you were having a 3-way last night???
redface.gif

OP
OP
B

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 97 GTS:
As I understand it, you face 2 different issues with your desired setup. The first being the headers and the O2 sensor location. At this point the only solution that I know of is to have the sensor relocated to one of the primary tubes. I believe Belanger will make the headers like this if you request it. The second issue is the removal of the cats. If you take them out then you will need that Apex Snakebox doodad that Joe mentioned. The alternative would be to run high flow cats. You didn't listen when I told you this before did ya?

Hey Jason, I thought you were having a 3-way last night???
redface.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Duck what can I say you know it all when someone asked me a tech question about Vipers I tell them to look in the dictionary under Viper and there's a picture of you
death2.gif

Hey Duck Jason told me you were in that 3-way

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YellowSnake:
Chuck 97 GTS-

I took a picture of you by your car yesterday. It came out good didnt it?
http://www.gimpdaddy.com/pics/ricefarm/saturn1.jpg

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, that's a ****'n g ride bro-ham! I wish mine was that hip. I don't know about that Liam Gallagher lookin' dude though...