Barrett Jackson -Viper

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. not even a stripe car... The seller must be elated... 6,300 is low miles but there are lower miles cars on the market now for $20k less... Plus the buyer has to pay auction fees... He could get a near new 08 coupe... Just goes to show how an earlier Viper stands out in a crowd...

Holy cow that RT/10 - the dry spell is O-V-E-R!!!

$69,000.00!!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think that 02 was well- the buyer had no clue of what was going on. but good to see it hammer at 69...

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The b&w car was not all original. If it were sub-5k miles, and truly all original. I bet 60k+. Would have been the number.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They want my dad out there saturday for something. I think someone is selling an old Sox & Martin car. Maybe it's the other auction over there.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was shocked when I saw that RT/10 go for 69K last night. Yeah, under 7,000 miles is nice, but come on. I found it funny how the seller listed it as a coupe, and the car was on display with the removable hard top in place. Perhaps the buyer didn't know what they were buying? Maybe they thought they were getting a GTS? Who knows, but I was totally blown away.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was shocked when I saw that RT/10 go for 69K last night. Yeah, under 7,000 miles is nice, but come on. I found it funny how the seller listed it as a coupe, and the car was on display with the removable hard top in place. Perhaps the buyer didn't know what they were buying? Maybe they thought they were getting a GTS? Who knows, but I was totally blown away.

Only a complete imbecile would pay that for a 40K car.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone has to tell that ******* he paid too much for that RT...

As said above, it is an auction. Two people bid and get caught up in the moment and finally one realizes they are past their top price and the other one has to pay. Does not mean the car is worth that much, but it does look good for Gen 2 Vipers.:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's time to sell - BJ just might be the place to sell it. If they can get $69 for that.... wow.

Greg

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that the hosts openly acknowledged that the Gen1 Vipers have become collectibles well in advance of the normal age... It was clear that he was referring to all pre-2003 Vipers as Gen1s because he was talking directly about the 2002 RT/10 on the block... Their expectation was that the RT/10 would sell for less than the GTS but they couldn't have been more wrong...

What was the deal with that 09 Special Edition Vette with 365hp that went for $83,600 ?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that the hosts openly acknowledged that the Gen1 Vipers have become collectibles well in advance of the normal age... It was clear that he was referring to all pre-2003 Vipers as Gen1s because he was talking directly about the 2002 RT/10 on the block... Their expectation was that the RT/10 would sell for less than the GTS but they couldn't have been more wrong...

What was the deal with that 09 Special Edition Vette with 365hp that went for $83,600 ?

only 33 or something like that built

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Barrett Jackson buyers fee is now 10% and sellers fee is 8%. The bidders also pay $500 for their bidders card. B-J is getting far too greedy.

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
it was a blonde chick by herself that bought that rt/ had the jacket and all..:confused:

That blonde chick was none other than Tammy Allen, the same blonde that paid $275k for the Hurst Viper at the auction last year. Seems like if she decides she wants something price is not much of a consideration. It was the 3rd or 4th car she has bought thus far at this auction so seems like she's building up a bit of a collection - my kind of woman!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... but all the more reason she would know the market...right ? or perhaps money is no object...

http://www.tammyallen.com/live/

You must be registered for see images

That blonde chick was none other than Tammy Allen, the same blonde that paid $275k for the Hurst Viper at the auction last year. Seems like if she decides she wants something price is not much of a consideration. It was the 3rd or 4th car she has bought thus far at this auction so seems like she's building up a bit of a collection - my kind of woman!