battery draw and BCM

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The battery on my 2006 goes flat at random times, sometimes overnight, sometimes not for two weeks. I did a search here and found some info on what/how to test for a draw down. Even before reading those threads I suspected the BCM. Sometimes the auto-roll down on the windows when the door is opened doesn't work. Cycling the key a few times normally will fix that issue, but it shouldn't be an issue. The car is still 100% stock, except for the battery which has been replaced twice so far without fixing the issue. This issue only started apppearing about 1 year ago, not when the car was new.

Of course this never happens when I take it to the dealer so they just look at me like I'm an idiot.

Has anyone got any more info on BCM issues? Should I just request that the BCM be replaced anyway?

David

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would ask a Viper Tech to spend the time to track down your problem. These are complex, labor intensive issues...not always solved by module swapping since there can be wiring and/or connector issues. Fortunately, there is a guy near us who is a "wiring-problem-bloodhound". He will track the issue til he finds it...whatever it takes!!

Just out of interest, what types of batteries are you using?

OP
OP
S

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of batteries they are. Both were installed by the Dodge techs when I had the vehicle in for service and reported the dead battery issue. This is NOT a battery issue. It happened like the day after the battery was replaced.

It looks like I'm going to have to find the problem myself so I can tell the service department what to fix. What a pain!!

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about the bcm but that window problem is common to that year. Mine went bad, sometimes it indexed and other times no. Had to replace the window regulator, and since then, perfect.