Battery for Gen2 - Possible Group Buy?

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally killed my Optima Yellow top battery by leaving the radar detector on for two weeks. :( Now it will no longer take a charge. Looks like it is time for a new battery. Hearing that Optima batteries may no longer be the best option because of numerous failures, I have looked for some Gel battery alternatives that will fit the Gen 2 Viper with no issue. Based on what I can tell, Odyssey is the only company that offers a Gel battery with only side mounts (Battery size - 78). Most other Gel batteries that I find are top and side mounts (Battery size 34/78). Odyssey seems to have a good reputation, but the downside is the high price. Odyssey also makes the Sears Platinum AGM battery ($190), although it is offered only in a top and side mount combo.

So here is what I am looking to do. The non-discounted selling price of the Odyssey 78-PC1500 is $271 with shipping in the continental US. These batteries are expensive but I am willing to pay more if I know the battery will last and fit in the viper with no modification. I am working on to see if I can get a volume discount on these. I am looking to see if anyone is possibly interested in group buy assuming I can get a reasonable volume discount. I hope to have a discounted price schedule tomorrow, but I would like to get a feeling if there is any interest. Please post a reply if you are possibly interested. Thanks.:)

Bandit400

Specs:

ODYSSEY MODEL: 78-PC1500
Pulse (5-second)
Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA): 1500
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 880
20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah): 68
Reserve Capacity Minutes: 135.00
Dimensions:
L x W X H - Inches: 10.85 x 6.99 x 7.12
Weight (lbs): 49.50

Latest posts