Battery Tender Junior....

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am odering a Deltran "Battery Tender Junior" for my Gen III.
The product now comes with a cigarette lighter option.

Question: Does anyone know if the lighter works without the key in the ignition?

If not, and I have to use clamps, what should I ground to under the hood for the negative terminal?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you plug something into the outlet to see if it is powered with the key off?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should consider getting their other unit which comes with a hook up to hard wire to the battery. All you need to do is plug it in when you get home. I ran mine into the trunk and simply plug in when I get home. Works perfectly.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should consider getting their other unit which comes with a hook up to hard wire to the battery. All you need to do is plug it in when you get home. I ran mine into the trunk and simply plug in when I get home. Works perfectly.

+1

I got the ones with the permanent attachments. I have 2 of them on 2 different cars. :2tu:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does come with the hard wire set-up, along with the clamps, and now includes the cigg adapter with it. So he does have his choices.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Ken asked: "what should I ground to under the hood for the negative terminal?"

2003, 2006, and 2008 owner's manuals say to use the "ear" of the thermostat housing...though I prefer to use the T-stat air bleeder valve as this avoids scratching the T-stat housing with the clamps.

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am odering a Deltran "Battery Tender Junior" for my Gen III.
The product now comes with a cigarette lighter option.

Question: Does anyone know if the lighter works without the key in the ignition?

If not, and I have to use clamps, what should I ground to under the hood for the negative terminal?
the lighter in the center console is always hot and will work fine fo this.:2tu: