Battery tender on booster post?

mxmike27

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to store my 2000 RT-10 for the winter. Is it ok to hook a battery tender up to the remote booster post under the hood?
Thanx, Mike.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Works fine that way. I leave the lead in the fender vent and can hook/unhook it without having to raise the hood at all.

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the post and out the gill.

TRICKLE.JPG

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be fine, but with mine it wasn't. It caused problems with the alarm. I'd be driving along and all of a sudden the light up on the dash would start blinking. Then when I would turn the car off, and get out the doors would lock by themselves. Real fun if you happened to leave the keys in it! This went on for a whole summer. Called Tator and he suggested this and that, re set alarm, fobs, new battery in the key fob all to no avail. Was about to order new alarm. Then out of laziness I wasn't hooking up the battery tender, and then I noticed the alarm was working fine. Hmm. So after 1 1/2 years now of not hooking to the post my alarm has worked fine. So now if I feel the need to have the tender on it, I hook it to the stud on the starter and an exhaust manifold bolt.

Reaction score
Just be sure you check the tender now and again because if there is a malfunction and it overcharges the battery you could have a real mess back there which I have seen happen many times.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always have the Battery Tender hooked up at the posts when the Viper is sitting in the garage.