Beat by an SVT?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeremy!

April fools day is on April 1st ONLY! Say it aint so!
pissed.gif

Is your Viper bone stock?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's always someone faster. Sure a $4K blower and exhaust can put a Cobra into the 11s, but at the end of the day it's still a Mustang.

People will turn and stare, wave and point as you drive by in your black GTS, and there's nothing that he can bolt onto that Mustang to accomplish that.

-Dean.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Snakester. With the money he paid for the Cobra and money invested he probably could have picked up a used Viper. Which would the average person drive? Mustang or Viper.

I would prefer a Viper over a Mustang any day, unless it was a Mustang Shelby blessed with his hand.

--------------
65 Shelby Cobra (replica)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a fast Mustang. Your ego should not be hurt. Overall performance is what counts in my book, along with looks/sex appeal of car. Acceleration, top speed, handeling quickness, total grip/traction, braking, driver feedback/feel, balance, and sex appeal is what makes an incredible car - an exotic car. And the Viper leads this pack at anywhere near $100K, hence my purchase. Anybody can build a fast, straight line car with $10K. The only category that guy had you beat was a slight acceleration advantage. The only possible competition I see is the new GT40, and time will tell on this one. The Z06 and Porsche Turbo's are nice, but lose big in sex appeal.

THIS CAR IS AWESOME........

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone "hit the nail on the head" above when simply comparing the 2 cars. I'd rather have a bone stock Viper in my garage any day over a Mustang! If you did just some of the most basic mods, I bet that would never happen. There's always someone faster - but you know what I mean. All that race meant was it's time for a couple upgrades buddy, that's all. It's actually good that it happened because now you know how you fare vs. some of your locals & now you know what you gotta do.
smile.gif

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Saleen SR looks seriously hokey-boy-racer with louvers, air dams and wings. It's no faster than the stock Viper, and at best matches it's handling performance (when it doesn't break).
And of course it costs twice as much today, and will be worth $30K in 10 years.

-Dean.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MC55,

I think your misinterpreting the 'sex appeal' statement. It has nothing to do with the opposite sex, but with the car itself. It is the ooohhhh, aahhhhh factor when you look at the car. It is what makes you walk around the car 10 times looking at every angle with your jaw dropped open. It is what makes you go into the garage on a cold winter's night, just to stare at the car. It is what makes you not desire any other car. Every time your tempted to cheat, and sell-purchase another car, you just spend some time looking or driving the Viper and your no longer in question. Car freaks like myself know exactly what I'm talking about. Very few cars have this allure.

I think my buddy summed it up best while we were cruising last weekend. He made this comment: "Now I know how a beautiful woman feels as she crosses the street". The car just has that special effect on people.

Later

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MC55,

Sort of... But my attention, not necessary others. For example, I stored the car during the winter months about 40 miles from my house. I would occasionally make the 2 hour trip (up-back) just to look at the car. The astetics of the car are incredible. Its the Tyra Banks/Pam Anderson/..... of styling (Note: My car has no diseases). I just look at the freak'in thing and say, WOW!!! Kinda like watching an incredibly good looking girl cross the street. You just say, WOW!!!

Therefore, I would refer to it as the "WOW"!!! factor... A.K.A. The "HOLY SH*T"!! factor. The new 2003 Viper lacks this factor, but hopefully will make up for it in performance areas. It's the Jody Foster of styling. Attractive, but doesn't make you say, "WOW!!!!".

OK, I'm done... I need help...

Later

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what TOOFAST nitrous is for.I've been there,thats why I designed the kit.Next guy that passes me is gonna be towing a wheel barrel with big balls
laugh.gif

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Guys trust me there are alot of 9 second street Mustangs out there that you dont want to mess with. Thru my friends at Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford Mag i get to see quite a few of them (i am talking True 9 second TOTALLY STREET DRIVEN NON TUBBED CARS )Mustangs are Very deceptive .It is almost impossible to tell a 9 second supercharged version from that Saleen (you beat easily ).Beware because every kid out there (who maybe spent 20000.00 total to get that 9 second ride )would love to embarrass a Viper.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HENCE, MY NEXT UPGRADE.

I DEFINITELY DON'T WANNA GET CAUGHT 'SLEEPING' RIDING @ HOUSTON! I SHOULD BE BACK ON THE ROAD NEXT WEEK. WILL IT BE A 9 SECOND CAR? I DON'T KNOW, THAT'S A PRETTY SHORT LIST. BUT MY BUDDY GERALD DID REEL OFF A 10.2 1/4 ET AT THE TRACK A FEW WEEKS BACK. STRAIGHT OFF THE TRAILER ON HIS 1ST PASS. AND MY CAR WILL BE VERY SIMILAR TO HIS SET UP. WE'LL SEE.....

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't automatically dismiss a Mustang for being a slug because they are so easily and inexpensively modded.

My friend/mechanic just finished building a 650hp blown mustang with a full roll cage/tube frame and $25K of go fast and handling bits.

I'm not sure that it's a 9 second car, especially on street tires, but definitely it will run in the 10s.

Still, I'd say that these heavily modded beasts are about as rare as our Vipers. You will no doubt find them at the track, or street racing scene (if you follow that), but I'd expect to see them on the street as much as I expect to see another Viper.

Still, I wouldn't bet money on racing some innocent looking Stang, expecting that it was stock and relatively slow.

-Dean.

Reaction score
We install Vortech superchargers on two to three Mustangs a week, and the new 4.6s, especially the Cobras, respond fantastically to superchargers. We recently built up a '98 Cobra with a Vortech and an Aftercooler (air-to-water intercooler) that at the rear wheels made 520hp and 460ft/lb. torque. It sure makes a sweet noise spinning up to 7k rpm!
We'll typically see a 175-200 flywheel hp gain with the standard, non-Aftercooled kit and full exhaust (with cats) and custom chip on our dyno. Not bad for a little 4.6, eh? It's all about choosing the right parts.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty funny reading.

I can just as easily point a thread to the Civic forum that shows how cocky the Mustang guys think they are with their smack talking as well. Putting down turbo civics that run 9s in the 1/4 mile and deserve respect. And they would also have their share of small ***** , old guy comments for the unfortunate Mustang owner who dissed their pride and joy online.

Once you cross-posted to another car forum trouble usually begins because all comments get taken out of context, and people react emotionally.

It's obvious that I hit a sensitive area here. I'd bet that the cat-calling Mustang crowd would be surprised to know that I've owned a sweet '92 5.0, 5-speed Mustang convertible since '94, and I've got a Corvette too. I own sports cars from each of the big-three, so it's not too much of a bias. The Viper is another animal altogether, and you don't know until you've owned one regardless of 1/4 mile times.

To be clear, I love all kinds of sports cars, and Mustangs have great style. But I like my Vette (getting sold) and Viper as well. Take it at that (or not).

The moderators here are pretty quick to pull nasty threads, so if a troop of irate Stang owners jumps on this forum to advise us that we don't know our heads from a hole in the ground, this thread will be zapped within minutes.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mustang5.0:
oh btw i would bet my penney jar this mustang gets plenty of thumbs up and second looks
You must be registered for see images
;)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AGREE! THE MUSTANG IS A SWEET RIDE. FOR **'S! AND I WISH THIS WASN'T THE VIPER BOARD RIGHT NOW. I BOUGHT MY LITTLE SISTER A MUSTANG WHEN SHE GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL. LOL MUSTANG BOYS. I READ YOUR POSTS, TALKING REAL BAD ABOUT MY VIPER BROTHERS
pissed.gif
pissed.gif
! I WASN'T IMPRESSED! YOU'RE SMACK IS ABOUT AS WEAK AS THAT KENNY LOGGINS TAPE YA'LL JAM IN THAT PIECE OF CRAP CAR! AND THE NEXT TIME I'M AT YOUR PLACE OF BUSINESS......DON'T SPIT IN MY FRIES!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mustang5.0:
how old are you slick?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SEE WHAT I MEAN. I GUESS YOUR STILL THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SAY RIGHT "SLICK".

TELL YOU WHAT, YOU GET YOUR THOUGHTS TOGETHER, THEN POST.

berad001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
SEE WHAT I MEAN. I GUESS YOUR STILL THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SAY RIGHT "SLICK".

TELL YOU WHAT, YOU GET YOUR THOUGHTS TOGETHER, THEN POST.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should look into chilling out!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by berad001:
You should look into chilling out!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT 1ST POST. WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE ABOVE THREAD THAT "SLICK" PROVIDED, AND READ WHAT ABOUT 100 MUSTANG GUYS WERE SAYING ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. GO ON OVER TO THAT THREAD AND READ HOW PRACTICALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WERE <u>CUSSING</u> OUT & <u>DEGRADING</u> VIPER OWNERS AND THE PEOPLE THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD. READ ALL THE SMACK THEY WERE RUNNING ABOUT SNAKESTER AND GO OVER THERE AND TELL THEM TO CALM DOWN..... NOT.....ONE GUY EVEN SAID THEY SHOULD ALL JOIN THIS BOARD TO JUST FOLLOW VIPER GUYS AROUND AND POST RIDICULOUS POSTS AFTER THEM. YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO BE ONE OF THEM WOULD YOU?

THIS THREAD STARTED OUT BY ALL OF US JUST TRYING TO MAKE A FELLOW MEMBER FEEL BETTER ABOUT AN INCIDENT HE SHARED WITH US. THEN 1ST TIME POSTING PRICKS LIKE YOU, & OTHERS TRY & MAKE IT OUT TO BE SOMETHING IT'S NOT. YA I RAN SOME SMACK - BECAUSE SNAKESTER AND OTHERS WERE JUST TOO NICE TO SAY ANYTHING. HE EVEN OWNS A FREAKIN MUSTANG & YOU IDIOTS STILL CURSED HIM! I POSTED IN RETALIATION TO ALL OF THEIR POSTS. IF VIPER OWNERS **** SO BAD WHY ARE YOU ON THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA AT ALL?

GO AWAY.

berad001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:

GREAT 1ST POST. WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE ABOVE THREAD THAT "SLICK" PROVIDED, AND READ WHAT ABOUT 100 MUSTANG GUYS WERE SAYING ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. GO ON OVER TO THAT THREAD AND READ HOW PRACTICALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WERE <u>CUSSING</u> OUT & <u>DEGRADING</u> VIPER OWNERS AND THE PEOPLE THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD. READ ALL THE SMACK THEY WERE RUNNING ABOUT SNAKESTER AND GO OVER THERE AND TELL THEM TO CALM DOWN..... NOT.....ONE GUY EVEN SAID THEY SHOULD ALL JOIN THIS BOARD TO JUST FOLLOW VIPER GUYS AROUND AND POST RIDICULOUS POSTS AFTER THEM. YOU WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO BE ONE OF THEM WOULD YOU?

THIS THREAD STARTED OUT BY ALL OF US JUST TRYING TO MAKE A FELLOW MEMBER FEEL BETTER ABOUT AN INCIDENT HE SHARED WITH US. THEN 1ST TIME POSTING PRICKS LIKE YOU, & OTHERS TRY & MAKE IT OUT TO BE SOMETHING IT'S NOT. YA I RAN SOME SMACK - BECAUSE SNAKESTER AND OTHERS WERE JUST TOO NICE TO SAY ANYTHING. HE EVEN OWNS A FREAKIN MUSTANG & YOU IDIOTS STILL CURSED HIM! I POSTED IN RETALIATION TO ALL OF THEIR POSTS. IF VIPER OWNERS **** SO BAD WHY ARE YOU ON THE VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA AT ALL?

GO AWAY.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Humm why dont you chill and look at why we are posting like that.. Its people like you!!!! I think a viper is a much better car that any stock Saleen or SVT hands down.. Sorry your fellow viper owner lost to a modded cobra, it happens. Hell I loose to my good friends modded civic all the time, no big deal its just a car. Dont take it personal that a cobra with some work can school a 70k car. In the end, who cares?

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by berad001:
Humm why dont you chill and look at why we are posting like that.. Its people like you!!!! I think a viper is a much better car that any stock Saleen or SVT hands down.. Sorry your fellow viper owner lost to a modded cobra, it happens. Hell I loose to my good friends modded civic all the time, no big deal its just a car. Dont take it personal that a cobra with some work can school a 70k car. In the end, who cares?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO MUSTANG BOY! YOU WERE POSTING LIKE THAT BEFORE I RAN ANY SMACK AT ALL.

IF YOU CARE ABOUT CONTRIBUTING TO THIS BOARD AT ALL IN THE FUTURE, SHUT UP, AND LET IT DIE.

MUSTANG BOY & HIS GIRLFRIENDS CURSE ALL VIPER OWNERS & THIS BOARD. YET MUSTANG BOY TAKES THE TIME TO REGISTER ON THE BOARD HIM AND HIS GIRLFRIENDS CURSE, TO POST WITH THE VIPER GUYS THAT THEY HATE.
confused.gif

VIPER GUY STEPS UP FOR HIS BOARD AND FELLOW VIPER OWNERS & MUSTANG BOY COMES OVER HERE TO TELL THE VIPER GUY TO CHILL!
confused.gif

YOU'RE NOT EVEN WORTH MY SMACK SON! THIS ISN'T THE SUICIDE KINGS BOARD. I'LL LET YOU HAVE THE LAST WORD GENIUS BECAUSE I VALUE THIS BOARD. I JUST WONDER HOW MANY POSTS YOU'VE MADE ON YOUR LITTLE MUSTANG BOARD, TELLING ALL YOUR MUSTANG BUDDIES TO "CHILL".
ENLIGHTEN US. HOW MANY?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trey,

whats with the caps all of the sudden dude??
smile.gif

the guy that makes me laugh the most is the guy who said "let me scan one of my PAY STUBS and see if they can hold a candle to it" (or something to that respect)...

son, if you are pulling out pay stubs, you obviously dont make much.. i guarantee you king gts signs at least 10 checks a week that size made out to 10 of his employees..

get over yourself.. maybe the mustang boys that deliver auto parts for a living might bow to you, but you "dont hold a candle" here.

- eddie -

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
Sometimes it's not all about going just fast that people have Vipers. I've seen some mustangs that are nice, but I just wouldn't want one because of the high school image it portrays. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and can be seen driven by any one. The viper owners in here buy their vipers cause they want to be different than everyone else who is driving a mustang. But reading the mustang post reminds me of the kids I went to school with. Hats on backwards and not too much intelligence. Their mentality seemed to be "What I don't understand, I destroy to make myself feel safe".

If there was no Viper, I would be a rice import owner (Supra which will spank stangs anytime when modded correctly) before I would buy a Camaro or Mustang. Sure mustangs can be made to go faster than a Viper....but it's still a mustang.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have one of these:

saleen2.jpg

Notice the Viper in the background...

Folks like DLM exist because after one day of owning a viper, I dumped that Saleen as fast as I could (and I had been driving Mustangs for 5 years).

JD

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey blue 5.0 stop out at our new club"Supercarschicago"on thursdays @UNO's pizza in schaumburg 8pm.Do you know Mike Cook with a white 5.0 class car,we did some fab work for him.
I haven't been beat from 50 to 150!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
trey,

whats with the caps all of the sudden dude??
smile.gif

the guy that makes me laugh the most is the guy who said "let me scan one of my PAY STUBS and see if they can hold a candle to it" (or something to that respect)...

son, if you are pulling out pay stubs, you obviously dont make much.. i guarantee you king gts signs at least 10 checks a week that size made out to 10 of his employees..

get over yourself.. maybe the mustang boys that deliver auto parts for a living might bow to you, but you "dont hold a candle" here.

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS EDDIE
smile.gif

I JUST GOT A LITTLE FRUSTRATED BECAUSE OF ALL THE CRAP THOSE GUYS WERE TALKING ABOUT VIPER GUYS. UNWARRANTED IMO. I LOVE VIPERS! WE MAY DISAGREE SOMETIMES ON THIS BOARD ABOUT CERTAIN ISSUES - BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY - WE'RE STILL ALL VIPER OWNERS & STILL IN THE SAME CLUB.

THE IRONY IS THAT THE ONE THAT WAS TELLING ME TO "CHILL" ABOVE, BERAD001, WAS THE SAME ONE THAT WAS SAYING THAT THE ONLY REASON VIPER GUYS BUY VIPERS, IS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE SIZE OF THEIR P****! HE ACTUALLY POSTED THAT ON THE MUSTANG BOARD AND GOT A BIG LAUGH FROM HIS BUDDIES - THEN COMES TO THIS BOARD W/ A TOTALLY DIFFERENT FACE FOR US.
confused.gif

I MEAN THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO TALK ABOUT OVER THERE? NOTHING OTHER THAN, "HOW TO SABOTAGE THE VIPER BOARD?" AND WE'RE ***?

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't going to respond to this thread But after watching the mustang guy's post's, I couldn't resist.

I am somewhat qualified to speak about the Mustang experience as I have owned 15 to 20 of them over the years.

Two of them where in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Ford magazine One on the cover one on the inside. Also had one in Superford magazine.

Make no mistake a Mustang is great bang for the buck and can be made to go very fast. My last one was a 8.80 street car, That was 5 years ago, (They now have some going 7's)

That being said, They are not very stable over 140 mph, they don't stand out in a crowd ( they are on every corner )Not many can pull above a .98 on a skid pad (even the much touted Saleens) They don't hold their value, A stock Mustang is no match for a stock Viper, A factory supercharged Mustang is no match for a stock Viper much past the qtr mile. Don't know of any standard mich. radial tired Mustang's that have been able to run consistant mid 10 sec qtr's at 140 to 150 mph (be it supercharged, turbo or nos. In traffic a 10 second street Mustang is to say the least a little high strung. I have never seen a bone stock Mustang run 11.7's @120 mph. Owning a Mustang is like owning an F150 truck as far as owning something not everybody else has (millions of them on the road) (Vipers way less then 20,000 Worldwide.)

In summary again I'll say the Mustangs are a good bang for the buck. But, are not in the same league as the Viper ( when was the last time you saw a magazine call a Mustang a World Class Car?) A stock Mustang is a Quick Street car a stock Viper is a Fast street car and both are slow race cars.

You can mod anything and make it faster then something else but the Mustang will never be in the same class as a Viper even if you have a Mustang that will out run it in a qtr mile.....

cmfwaic
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
cool.gif

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In association with Ford SVT, we are working on a 5.0L (4.6L 4 valve, bored) Supercharged, intercooled Cobra's that will reach 500 HP easy. There will be a factory run of these cars, not sure on the volume. We are also building a "Hot Rod Lincoln LS" which will have 450HP using the same 5.0L 4 valve (might be detuned for production). Limited run.

There are sleepers out there without neon lights, slammed suspension, and 42 speakers in the trunk... A slight tweaking and these 'stock' cars have some prowess on the street.

If it weren't fopr cars like that, Dodge wouldn't be motivated to keep one step ahead. Competition has it's advantages.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And don't give me bull about how the Viper's N/A and the Cobra's not. Cuz you guys have 2 more cylinders and what? 1.4L advantage?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3.4L advantage (8.0 - 4.6 = 3.4)
smile.gif

What's the big deal
confused.gif
a stock Viper lost to a modified Mustang, so what. Go down to your local track and you'll find dozens of modified cars what will whip a stock Viper. If you don't like losing you'll need to do one of two things 1) Modify the Viper to keep up or 2) stop racing modified cars
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950