Beautiful GTS

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome. Obviously he takes great care of it. That Viper will still run great and look great well past 100,000 miles.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody wonder how history will judge the 2000MY Vipers? How desireable they'll be in the near/intermediate/long-term future. Objectively speaking, they are kind of the worst of both worlds...no ABS and cast pistons. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all Vipers, just kind of wondering.

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they will be very appreciated(Very collectable)....and as I said..I do love all the qualities that every year gives. To me...I like not having ABS and like the side saddle driving...alot more of a drivers car like Carroll Shelby intended when he helped design the first Viper with Chrysler. So in short...with these cars all being pretty rare compared to vette production and such. Just enjoy them for their looks,attitude and incredible performance.

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks "One Day"!! You can stop by anytime if you are anywhere near Bayville,NJ. Just send me an email when you are in the area. The 2005 Mustangs are beautful!

LOL!! "Finally Got It"....I think I need medication :)

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The plate seemed pretty fitting for our Vipers. And good to know my short vid works...the car was alittle cold still...white steam from the colder weather here now wouldnt be there once warmed up more. Hope in the spring to meet up with alot of you guys. Once I join the club already....gotta get to that.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just curious....how does the acceleration of your GTS compare to the SVT? Heard lots of good things about the S/C SVT, but I still like the Viper. Mine's the same as yours, without the stripes and a '99.

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey tzoid...

yeah..I have played with four 03 Cobra stangs..my first was an animal..early in the mod era for those car. I had alot of early prototype stuff from vendors testing on that on. I was pushing 21 lbs of boost with the stock Eaton Supercharger and had a 50 shot of juice.

I would say the Viper GTS I have now is comparible to my second 03 Cobra when I put a 2.93 upper blower pulley(12 lbs of boost) a magnaflow catback and just an open K&N filter intake setup and tune.
My dads silver 03 cobra is stock(just a catback and air intake) and I have had her a best of 12.50 at almost 115 in the quarter..vids are on my site.

Now for my moms..yes my 62 year old mom drives around in a 623 rwhp 03 Cobra Mustang Convertible. That one has a Kennebell Supercharger on her at 18 lbs of boost now. Really setup for racing..even has ET drags biasply on her to keep her moving forward. I also have a 50 shot on that one....but never dynoed with that. Pics of that car are on my site too.

Those motors(4.6 DOHC) can handle come incredible power for a stock motor and live a long time as long as the a/f is good through the power range. Some dyno graphs are on my site too in the Cobra areas. The problem is so much torque down low and getting out of the hole...same as the Viper

Thanks for asking...hopefully I will know a 1/4 of what alot of you guys know about the Vipers once I started doing more on my Viper GTS.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody wonder how history will judge the 2000MY Vipers? How desireable they'll be in the near/intermediate/long-term future. Objectively speaking, they are kind of the worst of both worlds...no ABS and cast pistons. Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all Vipers, just kind of wondering.(/quote)

Silver/Blue '98 GTS
'03 Single Turbo Z06
-----------------------------------------------

Do YOU ever wonder how history will judge your ZO6? How desireable they'll be in the near/immediate/long-term future. Objectively speaking they are kind of the worst of both worlds....replaced after a couple years with a much faster, more improved model. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Corvettes too, I own one also, just kind of wondering. Oops, yours has already been judged. :D

Kelly Blue Book Value 2003 Z06..............$39,786.00 :shocked:

Worst of both worlds indeed! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960