Beeping from battery tender...I think

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1995 RT and it always begins beeping/dinging/chiming about 5-7 hours after I park it. Once I drive it for a brief run, the beeping temporarily stops, then begins again when I park it (5-7 hours later). It has an on-board battery tender that the beeping appears to be coming from. It sometimes chimes constant and other times seems to be intermittent with brief 15-30 second pauses. The battery starts her just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Sound like the chiming is either coming from under the drivers side panel or from the backside of the tender, which is in the same general area. Also, the chiming remains after the tender is indicating a full charge.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, I have 7 "Deltran Battery Tender Plus" units connected now...have used them for many years...have never heard them chime.

You might want to determine the brand in use on your car and see if it a characteristic of said unit. If not, good luck finding why you have unleashed your Viper's chime!!!

OP
OP
V

viperbitesback

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection, definitely not the tender...coming from under the driver side foot area....factory chime?