Belanger Gen2 headers on Gen1?

Skiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any actual difference between the gen2 and gen1 belanger headers?

I got a hold of used gen2 headers and was thinking of slapping them on my gen1.

i see that that the flanges is different where the headers meet the side exhaust. that should not be that of a big deal.... anybody done this or have more info on this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should fit fine. I don't know if there is any differenece, but you can call Belanger to be sure. Slap them on and enjoy the extra power :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to cut the webs out from between the exhaust ports. They won't clear the gen.1's head bolts. Use the stock gen.1 gasket as a template to cut webs. Buy a set of stock gen. 2 gaskets, (MLSS), and use them. ( I have reused the stock gen.1's gaskets a couple times with no leaks.):2tu:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to cut the webs out from between the exhaust ports. They won't clear the gen.1's head bolts. Use the stock gen.1 gasket as a template to cut webs. Buy a set of stock gen. 2 gaskets, (MLSS), and use them. ( I have reused the stock gen.1's gaskets a couple times with no leaks.):2tu:

I had the Gen 2 headers on my Gen 1. The Ballenger's I had and still have, came with the headers as a direct bolt-on for the Gen 1. In all cases there is an outside chance you may have to clearance the frame where the pipes make the first 90 thru the frame. This is on either a Gen 1 or Gen 2.

OP
OP
S

Skiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys. just dont want to tear everything down and get stuck in the middle. :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One guy psoted that he had to dent the headers and I think he said it was around the motormount? Easy swap I understood. They used the cast iron exhaust manifolds until sometime in 97.

The steel exhaust gaskets are re-useable unles they're damaged. I recommend that you give them a THIN coating of Hi-temp silicone.

Ted