Belanger Headers - Corsa or Belanger Muffler

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bruce,

I just recieved a set of Belanger headers (these things are gorgeous) but am waiting on getting the 90 degree pipe and high flow cats from Lou. These should arrive next week.

I'll have the OE mufflers and tail pipes installed along with the Belanger headers as soon as I receive the above parts. I'll
also add the new Mopar engine controller.

I drove a 2008 car (redtanRT10) with the "full" Belanger system and it was a little bit quieter than the same system on my 2006 but still drones. This car at this volume / drone level would be fun on a short ride, but a bit loud for my taste and specially challenging on a 4 hour trip (like Vegas).

Dan

Reaction score
Mark,
I have Roe high flow cats/corsa combo. If I want to add just the Belanger headers to this, will I have to use his cats also or will the headers connect to the Roe cats? There are no bolt holes in the Roe cat flanges, they use the factory v-band clamp.

Thanks,
Murray

You would need to just go with the Belanger system. He has the cats and the heat shields all placed in the best positions to make sure you won't have any cat or wire issues. I have never really cared for the Random Tech products that's why I don't carry them, but that is just MHO.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would need to just go with the Belanger system. He has the cats and the heat shields all placed in the best positions to make sure you won't have any cat or wire issues. I have never really cared for the Random Tech products that's why I don't carry them, but that is just MHO.

Mark, Thanks for all the Great info you provide in this and other posts...really appreciate and will be giving you a call soon to get the mods started.
Claude

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Belanger system and I loved the sound, but there was way too much drone. I couldn't talk to my passenger, or hear anything on my bluetooth headset. So I switched out the catback for a Corsa and WOW! What an amazing difference. The car feels and sounds way faster, more aggressive at WOT, and absolutely way quieter when cruising. My wife loves to ride in the car now and says its now a enjoyable ride. We can talk and no drony headaches! Well worth it.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We installed the full Belanger system on a 2008 Viper for one of our customers. He stated that his wife hated the drone and that it was killing him as well. We pulled the magnaflow mufflers off (Belanger Mufflers) and installed the Corsa. The difference is night and day. The drone was absolutely gone and the sound great. My customer and his wife are very happy with the sound changes.

I think anybody would be happy with this setup on a 2008. This would hands down be my choice between the Magnaflow Muffler and the Corsa.

Todd
A&C Performance
[email protected]
(951) 696-0500

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Magnaflows in a Lotus and an EVO before and had to pulled them out both times due to drone. I don't mind the exhaust being loud but where I draw the line is when I start to feel the resonance in my chest, then the exhaust has got to go.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd,

when you did the corsa swap, was it just their muffler or did you use their cat-back set up? Would like to get rid of the drone With the corsa, is the exhaust louder at idle, WOT, etc? Thanks!

Mike

Reaction score
Todd,

when you did the Corsa swap, was it just their muffler or did you use their cat-back set up? Would like to get rid of the drone With the Corsa, is the exhaust louder at idle, WOT, etc? Thanks!

Mike

The Corsa cat back will be louder in all respects and crisper sounding. It will also NOT bolt up to the Belangers if you already have the full Belanger system and catback. You will need special "Corsa" hook ups and new high flow cats to make the Corsa fit.

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike,

If you have the Belanger setup now, we can cut off the magnaflow muffler and weld in the corsa with no problems. Although belanger does make a setup to mate up to the Corsa, for those that started with Magnaflows, we just do a little fabbing :)

I thought the idle note was comparable, the driving experience was a million times better in the cab and the note at WOT was just right. Just my opinion.

Call me MIke, we have some local cars you could hear and judge for yourself.

Todd
A&C Performance
41665 Eastman Dr Suite 20
Murrieta, CA 92562
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas