Bellanger Exhaust ahd Headers

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many have installed Bellanger exhaust and headers on their SRT-10? What is the going price for the product and install?

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If bellenger gets 50 horsepower out of thier new gen III system i would probably buy it. They did it with the gen II.
Rumor and Speculation says there won't be significant gains in horsepower from headers and exaust.

PS: Does anybody know if they're is another distributor for BELLANGER besides partsrack?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If bellenger gets 50 horsepower out of thier new gen III system i would probably buy it. They did it with the gen II.
Rumor and Speculation says there won't be significant gains in horsepower from headers and exaust.

PS: Does anybody know if they're is another distributor for BELLANGER besides partsrack?

Any objective experience on header/exhaust tweaks on a Gen III? (not just Bellanger, but any such mods) I'm looking at some header/exhaust mods, but don't want to do it if all I get at the end of the day is a noisy car. If I could squeeze an extra 40 rwhp out of it, it would be worth it to me.

Kai

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Bellanger Exhaust and Headers

I just installed the full system - headers, exhaust, with cross-over - on my SRT. From Parts Rack.

Observations:
- I only have about 75 miles on this new set up. I am told that the car needs about 500 miles to break in and have the computer adjust to the fuel flow, etc., etc.
- The istall was done by a tech at my Dodge dealer. He was challenged by the tight fit of the headers. More work than expected. Had to jack the motor up and down, etc.
- Big current concern is that I have an 02sensor error and have not been able to get the car in to find the issue and fix it (need to remove side pannel. The error is saying that it is not the sensor on the header. This has me concerned.
- The physical quality of the headers is outstanding. I wish you could mount them outside the car  They are beautiful.
- My first ride was a shocker. Wow. Louder than expected. Love the low end idle, cruising is nice, and the WOT is loud but awsome sounding, but shifting a deceleration is obnoxious and had me regretting the change -- sharp backfiring and crackling. I mean major. So bad that it had me change the way I am driving to be less agressive because I was self councious of the noise.
- SOTP...not feeling the extra power. Just a little bit. But then again, not always willing to put my foot into it b/c I don't want the backfire etc. I think this is the real issue to me not feeling the power difference yet.
- So I called Belanger directly. Very very helpful and understanding of my concern. Seem like a well run shop, and customer oriented. Thier recomendation is to put the full 500 break in miles and then evaluate. Apparently, other ownders have found that 80-90% of the back noise and crackling goes away once the computer break in after about 500 miles and starts managing the fuel better. Has any other owner found this. Frankly, I am thinking this is true because I did start to notice a difference after only 50 miles. My fingers remain crossed because the sound will be great if this is true.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just installed the full system - headers, exhaust, with cross-over - on my SRT. From Parts Rack.

Was your car the black srt-10 at Christopher's Dodge?

mbviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the Bellanger system without the crossover and with
the green filters.The car is much more responsive and 50hp
does not seem unrealistic. When I dyno I'll post the results.
The entire system went in as expected but what we didnt expect was the side panels are a pain to get on and off.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mbviper,

How do you like the sound of your Bellanger system wo/crossover? Just curious because that is the exact system that I'm planning on going with. Thanks.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the Belanger headers with high flow cats and Corsa track cat back exhaust without the cross over with green filters and it sounds great. The resonance cancelling seems to work! But the regeared diff really makes the SOTP difference compared to the wife's SRT.

mbviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Armorgod
The bellanger system without the crossover is the way to go.
I never really thought the crossover did anything except waste hp
and add alot of heat.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We did back-to-back dynos at the WA VCA 10 days ago.
VCA member/prez.

SRT-10 w/ Green filters, HF cats, sidepipes, No crossover made 49 HP and +55TQ.
SRT-10 w/ filters and OE cats and crossover made 36 hp + 40 TQ.

The 36HP guy did NOT mind the louder sidepiper, and quickly ordered the conversion kit needed to change over to sidepipes!

Ironic that we have had TWO customers as Mike above, who have done and are considering the conversion back to a Belanger crossover system to make the sound more civilised. PartsRack wants you to be happy, provides these after-install conversions at our cost to our customers.

JoeBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice added feature besides sound and increased horse power is the interior temp. is much cooler and the sills are definitely cooler.

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with JoeBob. Much cooler on the sides. Not at 500 miles yet, but system is already improving with break in.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The manufacturers should provide dyno data to show baseline and modified results. It amazes me that Kentucky windage is as good as it gets with most a/m tuners.

mbviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

quickysrt
its what ever came with the bellanger system. I'm sure JonB could tell you
or bellangers web site, I dont want to tell you something wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang