Best Brake Fluid

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on Brake Fluid for 94RT. Run mostly on
Street. Archives suggest Castrol SRF and Motul600.
Any thoughts and where to obtain SRF. It is not on
the Castrol website. Thanks

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use a Dot 5.1 Its a good street brake fluid with a boil point close to racing fluid but less affinity to absorb moisture

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with Castrol SRF ...EXPENSIVE, however...runs $68.00-80.00 per liter...and, as you know, one NEEDS to change this fluid FREQUENTLY in racing applications and AT LEAST every 18 months for street use(as recommended per manufacturer). Most racing shops should have it...I get it at North American Race Parts on Gasoline Alley in Indy.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frugal owner choice : Valvoline semi-synthetic brake fluid. Has the same qualifications as all the expensive ones, available at Walmart, KMart, etc for a few dollars more than regular stuff. Works fine on road course (Lime Rock) proof was wearing out new R4S pads (obviously a poor choice) to backing plate in 30 minutes, baking all the Brembo seals to crispy critters, but never boiled over brake fluid. Changed to PFC pads that day and finished event just fine.

-also have a '94 RT.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Castrol SRF, expensive, but doesn't absorb moisture to the same extent in non-dry climates the Motul 600 will.

I have managed to boil it just once (despite cooling upgrades) warped my rotors too. The price to pay of having a heavy right foot huh!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire