Best Cover to buy?

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've run out of garage space and the roadster doesn't like sitting under snow. Any recommendations on the best cover and vendor?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't fall for any contact from VA members. Only in Texas can your car get year round pampering in a warm climate.

What time can you have the tank filled and all of the fluids checked for the departure?

Otherwise, check with California Car Cover Co. Huge selection.

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar cover or Cal cover are both top notch. I have the Mopar (nice Viper logo on the nose). Also - please use the search feature, this has been discussed before.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't fall for any contact from VA members. Only in Texas can your car get year round pampering in a warm climate.

What time can you have the tank filled and all of the fluids checked for the departure?

Otherwise, check with California Car Cover Co. Huge selection.

Texas, Shmexas- they get hail stones the size of golfballs down there. California is where your car should rest out this winter.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A pic of my coverking...fits like a tight pair of jeans on a hot girl!:D

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance one and all, it looks like CaliCarCover is my best choice. I'll get it ordered right away so that none of you have an excuse to kidnap the beast.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't give it to you, but anytime you want to swap rides on a deserted country road, I'm ready.

I actually would love to take a drive in your SRT if you're really game. I've never driven one before (minus the two minutes I spent trying (and failing miserably) to drift one at the SRT Track Experience). :D

OP
OP
D

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually would love to take a drive in your SRT if you're really game. I've never driven one before (minus the two minutes I spent trying (and failing miserably) to drift one at the SRT Track Experience). :D

I'm game, because I've never driven a Gen II and would love to give it a try. And I'll drive it with extreme care.

If you want to give drifting another try, the roadster is just what you're looking for. It has no rear grip whatsoever. It's kind of fun when you WANT to light up the tires, but Grandma on a 10 speed bike can beat me off the line. I raced a friend in his 350Z and he got out front while my tires just spun and hopped. Of course, once my tires hooked up, it was no contest.

At Summit Point, the grip isn't a problem on the main track because once you're rolling, you never slow below 3rd gear. But on the Shenandoah Circuit, I had a tough time coming out of a couple of sharp turns at speed because I couldn't keep the rear end planted.

I guess there is a PS2 purchase I should make sometime in the spring.