Best Deal on an RT/10????

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moderator Edit No Ebay ads please.

I am looking at several out there and this seems to be the best car for the money. I only buy the cleanest cars so wrecks and track cars are not my thing.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
old tires... otherwise from the pics very clean looking car ... inspect the car in person and have a look from underneath!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice but my buddy just picked up an identical but slightly more desirable 99 RT/10 for $31,500. His did have 4 previous owners and 19k miles. It had an exhaust system and it was lowered... Extremely straight and clean with both tops.

This 2000 also looks nice...

Moderator Edit No Ebay Ads please.

You must be registered for see images

Dodge : Viper: eBay Motors (item 250633676033 end time Jun-05-10 15:17:23 PDT)

I am looking at several out there and this seems to be the best car for the money. I only buy the cleanest cars so wrecks and track cars are not my thing.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice looking car at a good price, but keep in mind that the last year of the lumpy cam and forged internals was 1999. Same look, same wheels, but considered a "better" engine.

Other than that, looks very clean....agree with above, must see in person (pics do not tell the whole story) and have a qualified tech inspect the car. Don't forget recalls.

Good luck!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This car has been for sale for a long time. It was posted here to the VCA back in December.

Are looking to buy this car or just pimping the sellers car? I noticed you posted in another persons thread that has a 99 R/T for sale that his car has been in an accident even though he seller clearly explains both accidents in his VCA ad. Even has pictures of one of the accidents.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am still cracking up that after all these years the change in perception of which engine is better still goes on. Most folks don't even remember that when you visited the Plant early in the 2000 model year the guys at the Plant told you there was more horsepower in the new motor. They were told later to cease and desist. The fastest stock Gen II was a 2000 RT-10 which clocked a 11.7 at Englishtown. Most have forgotten that the rumors were rampant all through 99 that there was a change with the PCM and the 99 was the slowest Viper built.

The only advantage for a 99 over a 2000 is if someone wants to supercharge one, but more and more folks are wanting to keep the older models stock.

Viper Days even had an extra point added to the Matrix for the 2000 due to the known hp increase ( though never shown on paper for obvious competitive reasons ) , and Skip Thomas had to change this after Chrysler complained .

Get the car that is the cleanest, get it up in the air to check the undercarriage and note on this car , like most , the rims have curb rash , so figure 800 to repair all 4.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Bill, you're certainly an expert and so I defer to you.:D I was only repeating what I have heard numerous times about the forged internals and lumpier cams.

Agree totally, get the cleanest car you can find.:2tu:

Peter

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you even own a Viper of your own or do you just flip them? You are on this site and other sites asking about Vipers and then buying them and selling them. I was looking at one that you bought about a year ago that you were selling. :dunno:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is all well and good and makes sense but the perception has stood the test of time for some reason... I'm relatively new to all of this but everybody I spoke to while looking for a Gen2 said the same thing about pre and post 2000 cars. So the perception has become a reality to a certain extent and it does affect resale both when buying and selling. If nothing else the lumpy cam sounds meaner...

The best anology I can think of is like the old debate on V8s with 2 bolt mains vs 4 bolt mains. Both cars being totally equal otherwise if it's a performance car you will always opt for the 4 bolt main car even if it's going to be a garage queen especially when the advertised horsepower is equal.

I am still cracking up that after all these years the change in perception of which engine is better still goes on. Most folks don't even remember that when you visited the Plant early in the 2000 model year the guys at the Plant told you there was more horsepower in the new motor. They were told later to cease and desist. The fastest stock Gen II was a 2000 RT-10 which clocked a 11.7 at Englishtown. Most have forgotten that the rumors were rampant all through 99 that there was a change with the PCM and the 99 was the slowest Viper built.

The only advantage for a 99 over a 2000 is if someone wants to supercharge one, but more and more folks are wanting to keep the older models stock.

Viper Days even had an extra point added to the Matrix for the 2000 due to the known hp increase ( though never shown on paper for obvious competitive reasons ) , and Skip Thomas had to change this after Chrysler complained .

Get the car that is the cleanest, get it up in the air to check the undercarriage and note on this car , like most , the rims have curb rash , so figure 800 to repair all 4.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you even own a Viper of your own or do you just flip them? You are on this site and other sites asking about Vipers and then buying them and selling them. I was looking at one that you bought about a year ago that you were selling. :dunno:

I think you're right, this is the same guy trying to flip the cars on the other board.............:mad:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with Bill. The 2000-2002 cars are some of the best. And my favorite viper (that I have owned). Was a 2000 Black/Silver stripe car, and one of the best running too. Go figure.. Around here this is known as the bastard year. lol :rolleyes:. thats one GTS I wish I still had.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing how it seems that almost everybody that ever had a GTS and sold it wishes they still had it.

agree with Bill. The 2000-2002 cars are some of the best. And my favorite viper (that I have owned). Was a 2000 Black/Silver stripe car, and one of the best running too. Go figure.. Around here this is known as the bastard year. lol :rolleyes:. thats one GTS I wish I still had.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill for your very concise explanation regarding the newer Gen II engine with the eutectic pistons. I specifically opted for the "new" engine because I believe the engineers improved on the earlier version and I am not interested in supercharging. Glad to hear the 2000's are the fastest Gen II's since it confirms my suspicions.
PAvenom RT/10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala