best et's witha stock paxton

beata

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are guys running in the quartermile with just a paxton bolt-on...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are guys running in the quartermile with just A paxton bolt-on...
Pro driver ,sea level track stock tires =high 10s at 132-133. A word to the wise =whatever you do dont hot lap a heatsoaked PAXTON motor if you want that motor to survive( BIG BIG problems happen if you bump them off the rev limiter under boost while heatsoaked.)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on a number of variables including whether someone has modded the car beyond the stock Paxton kit,; how lean the calibration is at full boost; how far the rev limit has been raised from stock, if any; the effectiveness of the intercooler; and the proper operation of the fuel delivery system. A Paxton kit installed properly with a conservative calibration like Dan Cragin did for my prior car is very reliable and durable. Mine was bullet proof.

There are always those people who push the limits to far who end up blowing up a motor. It used to happen all the time with kids who modded Ford Lightnings to produce ridiculous boost levels on the stock Lightning engine and then wondered why the engine blew up.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are guys running in the quartermile with just a paxton bolt-on...
Ps Try to access VCA ARCHIVES from the mid to late 90s on these set up.Jamie Furman competed in the old Viper Nats running a bolt onPaxton set up done by Jason Heffner .In the la te 90s i had the guys at Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford Drag test a bolt on Paxton application done by DLM for a VCA Member named Dan Black.If you have access to the old VCA archives it will give you specif times.