Best Heads/Cam Package for the Money

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has the best value heads/cam package on the market? I'm not looking for the full race heads, but I want more than the basic stage 1 heads. Who has the best stage 2 heads for the best price and good quality? What kind of horsepower numbers are most getting from the just the heads and cam, not the entire heads/cam/headers/exhaust/k&n's/etc. Thanks.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff Moreys gets 61 RWHP just heads......Haven't heard of anyone makin more HP than that.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My old head and cam package gained OVER 150 RWHP. It was a Hennesseeey package. I know, I know.... But you asked who made the most. And his combination of cam and head flow worked perfectly together. You may want to give him a call, or Larry. Larry should know the combo.

Regards,

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ProRacer, what kind of price are you talking for a set of Jeff Morey's heads? How can I contact him?

ProRacer turned me on to Jeff Morey's heads and the performance has be incredible.

I purchased them through Macedo Motorsports(M2) and had Macedo Motorsports(M2) do the install. Give Larry a call @ you wont be diappointed

Larry Macedo
Macedo Motorsports(M2)
407.246.6511 Office
407.970.3463 Cell

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan,

I have BPE heads and they are great. I tried to send you an email but the address in your profile bounces back.

Send me an email or PM and I'll shoot you a dyno sheet (not sure how to post one here).

Best regards,
Mike
[email protected]

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also thinking of going the heads and cam route for the RT. What would the typical cost be for such a project, including all parts and labor? The car already has the basic mods - exhaust/headers etc. Thanks for any info.
If only Larry Macedo would answer his phone. :rolleyes: ..........too busy with those 13+ Vipers he has in the shop, with more coming in everyday. :eek: Man, might have to find a new tuner. :2tu: LOL!!!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies, guys! It's tough to answer incoming calls with a phone in each ear, but I'm working on it, so please bear with me during this transition. I have a list of calls to make and your on it, Bindy baby. Thanks!

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, you are the man. I know you are slammed. I saw the never ending stream of snakes coming into your shop. Impressive!!!!! I am just giving you a hard time. You are family........and yes put me on that list for heads/cam. Should be in the very near future. As always, thank you.
I also just sent you an email.

Bindy

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder, does the line between all motor and s/c kind of blur at bragging time when you've both spent $7500 on your engine ?

:)

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Frank,

In my opinion, it is all about intended purpose. Bench racing or drag racing = blower. Road racing = naturally aspirated.

A good set of heads will work on both. Cams are application specific though.

Regards,

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder, does the line between all motor and s/c kind of blur at bragging time when you've both spent $7500 on your engine ?

The only blur seen ....is what the all motor guy sees when the s/c'd car is going by.

MD ???

Oh, I better ad a smiley before my edit time runs out :laugh:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffner Perfomance 410-766-2800

Heffner heads and comp cam yielded 80rwhp and 70rwtq with STOCK exhaust.

have not yet dyno'd with headers and catback.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to muster a gain of about 160 rwhp with heads, cam, and rockers. However, I would encourage you not to make a decision based on peak power. I would look at power throughout the entire rpm range. I sacrificed peak power for about 40 more rwhp at 3000-3500 rpms. You will spend much more time at 3500 rpms than at 5800 rpms......

OP
OP
H

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone start posting your horsepower gains with your heads and cam, other modifications, and who you bought them from. That way I can get some ideas on the gains everyone has made. Add any other comments you have about the heads and cam. LthlVpr had a good point about the peak power vs midrange power, so if you noticed anything about your set up let me know. I've been calling people and getting some opinions as well as checking prices, but it is hard to make a comparison. Thanks guys for your help.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Tony, but that Blur is when the SC guy does the RICER FLYBY after they get SMOKED by the all-motor-solid-stroker KING! (namely- me)

Right back at you bro... :2tu:

Regards,

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
My old head and cam package gained OVER 150 RWHP. It was a Hennesseeey package. I know, I know.... But you asked who made the most. And his combination of cam and head flow worked perfectly together.

Regards,

DITTO.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Tony, but that Blur is when the SC guy does the RICER FLYBY after they get SMOKED by the all-motor-solid-stroker KING! (namely- me)

Right back at you bro... :2tu:

Regards,

When your mommy lets you leave Atlanta, we will test out that theory :laugh:

p.s. I was taking up for you on SCF the other day :nod:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone start posting your horsepower gains with your heads and cam, other modifications, and who you bought them from. That way I can get some ideas on the gains everyone has made. Add any other comments you have about the heads and cam. LthlVpr had a good point about the peak power vs midrange power, so if you noticed anything about your set up let me know. I've been calling people and getting some opinions as well as checking prices, but it is hard to make a comparison. Thanks guys for your help.

Post some ETs too! My unreliable memory recalls various s/c ETs like 10.4 and quicker, and near stock ETs of mid 11s or slower , but I don't recall seeing the guys with $4000 cylinder heads and the usual bolt-ons posting ETs much.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
T - Yes. I saw that. Thank you.
I have no fear at all of Optic. He probably does not want to play my game, just as I do not want to play his. By the way, any interest in helping me with a Vec2 install and tune???

(sorry for the hijack)

Regards,