Best place for OEM nickle and dime trim?

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where is the best place for little stuff. I need a piece of rubber molding for the passenger window, the fog light cap for the wheel well and a few other little things. Is there a sponsor that stocks the stuff with good prices?
Thanks

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the best place for little stuff. I need a piece of rubber molding for the passenger window, the fog light cap for the wheel well and a few other little things. Is there a sponsor that stocks the stuff with good prices?
Thanks

Nickle and dime.:rolaugh: Either you haven't been around these boards very long or your pockets are very deep. There is nothing nickle and dime about these cars. You should probably mention year/model of your car, you may find you'll get a better response. Part numbers will help harvest more responses, as well. Rubber moldings are terrificaly expensive items for these cars, ie: upper door stantion molding for GTS is few hundred dollars, prices typicaly jump dramaticaly each and every year. If you need something from the dealer, get it as soon as you can.
Free advice, and nothing malicious meant by this; learn to use the search function, look around for posts from "the Wizard" and JohnB from PartsRack, etc.
Good luck and welcome aboard!

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nickle and dime.:rolaugh: Either you haven't been around these boards very long or your pockets are very deep. There is nothing nickle and dime about these cars. You should probably mention year/model of your car, you may find you'll get a better response. Part numbers will help harvest more responses, as well. Rubber moldings are terrificaly expensive items for these cars, ie: upper door stantion molding for GTS is few hundred dollars, prices typicaly jump dramaticaly each and every year. If you need something from the dealer, get it as soon as you can.
Free advice, and nothing malicious meant by this; learn to use the search function, look around for posts from "the Wizard" and JohnB from PartsRack, etc.
Good luck and welcome aboard!

You beat me with the nickel and dime reply, thought I was in the wrong forum for a minute.

OP
OP
D

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '99 GTS, not an ACR. Having had various Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, Pantera etc.... I am aware of parts costs on toys. What I am looking for are small items.
In the front wheel wells, there is a round "plug" about the diameter of a tennis ball to access the fog light on each side.
On the passenger side window, I need the exterior vertical rubber piece that seals the window.
Also need a few bolt/washer combos for the bottom of the side exhaust covers.
I would hope that none of these are mode of ubotitanium. I would just rather order items like this than go to the local dealer, order the part for full retail and then go back to pick it up.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the experiences and what I've read on here, PartsRack or Chuck Tator. Never dealt with them before as I don't have a Viper, but people who have dealt with them have nothing but good things to say about them. I hope to speak with them eventually whether its just a friendly hello or when I do own a Viper, for parts.

G

grcforce327

3" Plug #4708-057 Chrysler has a habit of superceding part #'s,but this will get you to what you need!

Not sure on which weatherstrip you need ,but scroll to page 149/150 on link below.

http://www.mopar.com/pdf/viper/99sr.PDF

Give the WIZARD(Chuck T.) a call!

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have no fear, the "Wizard" is here!:D

3' plug #4708057 MSRP $20.95

Outter stanchion cover with weather strip [This is the only way you can get that WS]
#ME74MX3AD MSRP $400.00:omg:

Sill screws #6504580 MSRP $2.85 each

Less 20% VCA discount:cool:

914-763-3136

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll beat Jon B to it:

"50% of all advertising is WASTED!":omg:

Call PartsRack or Tator's for 99% of all you'll ever need...at least that's my experience

~Craig

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have no fear, the "Wizard" is here!:D

3' plug #4708057 MSRP $20.95

Outter stanchion cover with weather strip [This is the only way you can get that WS]
#ME74MX3AD MSRP $400.00:omg:

Sill screws #6504580 MSRP $2.85 each

Less 20% VCA discount:cool:

914-763-3136

I would love to know what the engineers were thinking when they came up with that rigid strip that runs down the back of the windows on the outside. Mine is literally hanging by the rubber piece at the top where it wraps over the top of the stanchion. I've tried contacting cementing it back in place, but no luck.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '99 GTS, not an ACR. Having had various Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, Pantera etc.... I am aware of parts costs on toys. What I am looking for are small items.
In the front wheel wells, there is a round "plug" about the diameter of a tennis ball to access the fog light on each side.
On the passenger side window, I need the exterior vertical rubber piece that seals the window.
Also need a few bolt/washer combos for the bottom of the side exhaust covers.
I would hope that none of these are mode of ubotitanium. I would just rather order items like this than go to the local dealer, order the part for full retail and then go back to pick it up.

I didn't mean to sound like a jackaxe, and I hate to say I told you so...$400 is not nickle or dime.:(
The sill screws may be missing for a reason, make sure when replacing them that the holes are not striped out, they are only sheet metal screws after all, and they'll only "take" a couple of times. The last thing you want is a screw in your rear tire.
On the up side, the plug is only $20.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Or, half of All the people who see advertsing are wasted...

Now, THAT'S Funny !!!

WELCOME TO THE WACKY WORLD OF VIPERS.......

PS: If you are a bit more specific on the rubber weatherstrip description, the horizontal piece atop the door is also 'nickel-dime' vs the vertical tracks quoted. So is the fender well plug cheap, that Chuck ID'd for you.

But please consider: why ask for a better price on nickel-dime stuff? Isn't that 'nickel and diming' ? Chuck saved you the research work, just pay the $20 ! [The part is FREE, but is'nt Chuck's help worth $20 in time saved to get the right item?]

And As some of our regular customer's can attest, the true 'nickel&dime' stuff is sometimes no-charge from us.....

OP
OP
D

DougM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, a member here PM'd me and is sending a set of the plugs for the cost of shipping. They are probably used, but I don't care. Regarding the trim piece, I have it the part number saved. It is just not worth the $ at this moment.
For the future, I will use the board sponsors for my needs, now that I know who they are.
Thanks

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might try to glue it in place with 3M super weatherstrip adhesive. Nothing I have ever glued with this stuff has come apart automotive or one of the wife's nick nacks's. Oops don't tell ! Comes in black or yellow but if you work neat it doesn't show. Have seen rubber bump stops attached to hot rod frames etc with nothing more than this glue and they stay put. Have fun getting it off you're hands or any other place you don't want it. GTS Bruce

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might work for awhile, but the real problem with that weatherstrip is that it is too short for the window. When the glass is at the top it interferes with the piece in question. If you manage to get it glued down, and put the window all the way up, over time it would tear the strip where it folds over the top edge of the glass.
I understand that the replacement has been re-engineered to fix that problem (read it here some time ago). I'm sure the Wizard would know more about that.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to know what the engineers were thinking when they came up with that rigid strip that runs down the back of the windows on the outside. Mine is literally hanging by the rubber piece at the top where it wraps over the top of the stanchion. I've tried contacting cementing it back in place, but no luck.
I glued mine a few years ago and haven't had an issue since. Can't remember which kind but it held great.