best sounding exhaust? and does anyone have straight pipes? videos?

dpe_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey

im kinda of a loud "exhaust" person lol, what is the best sounding exhaust, that brings the sound out of the v10? im trying to get the same exact sound as the lambo gallardo v10 (in Straight pipes) without that tractor noise. please post any videos, i need ideas.

thanks.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year do you have and is coupe or vert?

Like posted above I don't think there's any option to sound like a Gallardo.

The closest I think is the corsa track, it gets that sort of sound at full throttle. I liked my corsa on my gen3 vert ino it was as loud as you'd want in a vert, with the exhaust 36" from your ear, but that's me. In a coupe I loved my Belanger, but it's deeper than the corsa which is deeper than the Gallardo.

I currently have a bullet straight thru on my gen4 from Vipair. It's burley sounding, nothing like a Gallardo again, but I like it and as loud as I think you can honestly take in a vert.

There are lots of vids. One tip is if you're on a laptop or average desktop computer, plug your mp3 headphones in to listen to them. It can make a world of difference in sound quality.
Dave.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can build you anything you want. Can build a header w/straight pipe if you like. Can always add mufflers if it is to loud.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have both cars. The viper will NEVER sound anything like the gallardo, ever.

Nothing you can do to the viper at all to make it sound even close, other than put the audi V10 in the viper.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have both cars. The viper will NEVER sound anything like the gallardo, ever.

Nothing you can do to the viper at all to make it sound even close, other than put the audi V10 in the viper.
Well said and true. The Lambo is a different beast......

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only it's going to sound like a Lambo is recording the sound of a lambo and playing it on your 10,000 watt Viper stereo system.;)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lambos and Ferraris are high revers... they're different by design.
The beauty of it is the high rpms.
Vipers are about displacement.
It's like trying to make a Harley sound like a Ninja.
I appreciate both sounds actually.

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exotic tone from the Ferraris and Lambos is due their flat plane crank design engines which has a unique firing order and is also why the motor revs so high.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ferrari 458 and it has the nice Italian grunt. I have GTs with Hennessey and Heffner exhausts--they sound nasty--love both. My 2010 Viper sounds the best I have been able to do but I am not expert. It has hi flow cats and Corsa track---GREAT gurgle.

V10 firing order problematic for sound--great for power. Good luck

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no cats and Gen IV mufflers in my 03. I could not be happier with the sound. The cooler cabin and significant power gains are also great. I can probably do a vid if you are interested. Let me know.

OP
OP
D

dpe_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no cats and Gen IV mufflers in my 03. I could not be happier with the sound. The cooler cabin and significant power gains are also great. I can probably do a vid if you are interested. Let me know.

thanks a video would be awesome!

OP
OP
D

dpe_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im asuming the 3rd gen and 4th gen have identical sound, but does the 2nd gen viper sound different compared to the 3rd/4th gen?

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have bellanger headers and lou made me a custom dual muffler with no cats i love the sound it i can figure out how to downloud sound i willl and i had straight pipes no mufflers sounds like a nascar way to much in my opinion