best way to get wires through the firewall?

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm cleaning up some of the wiring in my car and the PO had the wiring through through the grommet at the clutch on the firewall right by the washer bottle. The grommet isnt aligned at all and it looks really messy. I got about 10 wires and a vacuum line that need to go through. I'm debating on just drillling a new hole with a grommet by the door hinge unless there is a easier/better way. I've looked through the car and haven't found anything cleaner then just drilling a new hole.

thoughts?

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps this is what you were talking about, but you've got two grommets on either side up near the black plastic cover at the bottom of the windshield. Easy access to the interior!

Unless the wires are too big or depending upon how you need to route them, these might work.

This is what I used to run by larger gauge amp power wire. Of course I wrapped it in black electrical tape to conceal it a little more. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome, that will work out perfect. I completely missed it

Perhaps this is what you were talking about, but you've got two grommets on either side up near the black plastic cover at the bottom of the windshield. Easy access to the interior!

Unless the wires are too big or depending upon how you need to route them, these might work.

This is what I used to run by larger gauge amp power wire. Of course I wrapped it in black electrical tape to conceal it a little more. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Stuntman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where's Waldo?

I'm not seeing where the red wire that is disconnected from the power becomes wrapped in electrical tape and goes through a grommet in the firewall in that picture... Help!