Best Wheels for a Gen II GTS ???

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to put new wheels on my Sapphire blue 2001 GTS. It currently has the stock ones and they look pretty good. BUT - I want something that looks bad ***, but not over the top.

Any suggestions and pictures very much appreciated.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
19" CCW SP600's

Picture_044B.jpg

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really looks great Simms! :2tu: I think you said you have 295/30's on the front? I have 295/30-19 on the front and 345/30-19 on the rear. I've been reluctant to put my Eibachs on. Have you had any rubbing or scraping problems?

How has the finish on your wheels been holding up? I already have areas on my CCW's that I can't clean even with polish. All it took was getting caught in the rain once. :dunno:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really looks great Simms! :2tu: I think you said you have 295/30's on the front? I have 295/30-19 on the front and 345/30-19 on the rear. I've been reluctant to put my Eibachs on. Have you had any rubbing or scraping problems?

How has the finish on your wheels been holding up? I already have areas on my CCW's that I can't clean even with polish. All it took was getting caught in the rain once. :dunno:

Thanks for the compliment. As far as scraping, it really depends on the roads you drive. My car has been lowered for about 2 years (I think) so I have been dealing with having to be very careful for some time now (I previously had 18" HRE's). I have read that some people were getting some rubbing with the 345/30-19 rear when using Eibachs, but I have not experienced it yet. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen, but I have not noticed it. However, it is pretty tight between the inner fender liner and the rear tire so I could see how a hard dip in the road may cause some rubbing.

The finish has been awesome! Many people think they are chromed. I had a few water spots on them but they polished right out with Mothers Billet Aluminum polish.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few different wheels that I think really set off the Gen II GTS.

My choice was these ACR BBS Wheels. dipped and tripped! :D

1494baralmostdone_007.jpg

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The finish has been awesome! Many people think they are chromed. I had a few water spots on them but they polished right out with Mothers Billet Aluminum polish.
Glad to hear. I must have some inferior ones or something. I've tried Mothers Billet as well as a few other aluminum cleaners and polishes but none of them are getting the stains off. I'm less than impressed. :(

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear. I must have some inferior ones or something. I've tried Mothers Billet as well as a few other aluminum cleaners and polishes but none of them are getting the stains off. I'm less than impressed. :(

That stinks! Did you try polishing them with one of those power balls or something similar? Since they are just bare aluminum, it almost sounds like your wheels got etched by the rain somehow. You may have to get one of those polishing kits used to polish intakes etc. They come in various grades. The Eastwood Company caries the stuff.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That stinks! Did you try polishing them with one of those power balls or something similar? Since they are just bare aluminum, it almost sounds like your wheels got etched by the rain somehow. You may have to get one of those polishing kits used to polish intakes etc. They come in various grades. The Eastwood Company caries the stuff.
Yes, I tried the power ball on the inner barrels. I also tried a buffing wheel with some jeweler's ruge. Nothing is getting it off. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get them chromed over the winter. Our summers are very short around here and I can't be spending that much time polishing wheels every time they get dirty.