Beware of Iforged Wheels

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Jon on this one.

(What's that sound, hell freezing over???)

The Miata guy inspects his rim after a severe pothole and doesn't notice the dent in the rim pictured until he's detailing his car? ***? If he's that blind, why listen to anything else he has to say?

And, gee, you need to retorque wheels? Really???

That's why I wouldn't care what the Miata guys say.

That and the fact I have SSR's and have had no trouble at all for a year and a half. And you guys know how much these cars weigh, how much torque they put down, how tight the braking is, and how bad the roads are in Chicago. All that translates into several tons of force on a single wheel at times. And no issues here.

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience Joe, I'm a stocking dealer for I forged wheels and also run I forged wheels on all of my own personal Vipers. I can say without hesitance, they are ONE OF THE BEST in the industry for building outstanding top quality wheels and at truly affordable prices!! With between 60 to 80 sets sold, the biggest issue I've had has been a broken center cap:omg:. The guys from I forged are constantly striving to improve build times, quality control, and customer service. I'm not here to make excuses for I forged, but can say they run an incredible business if you consider the volume of wheels that are being produced by them. No one is perfect, so sure it is feasible that out of hundreds of sets of wheels it's possible to encounter an issue eventually. However, it is HIGHLY possible to damage the silicone while mounting the stiff sidewall tires we have to run on the wheels. I've personally mounted more than I care to admit, and in the past (with older machines) sometimes it didn't go as smooth as I would like. Again, I'm truly sorry you had an issue, but in the end, is it truly necessary to try and destroy a great companies reputation over a wheel not being sufficiently siliconed:dunno: . If you had bought the wheels from me I would have been happy to incur the expense of re siliconing the wheel or having it sent back at my own expense.I have sold many sets to some on this board and the other and can say I consider every customer I have in the Viper community a personal friend, and I would/will do everything in my power to maintain that friendship and build more relationships with others who share my passion. I hope others will chime in hear (as some already have) and post their experiences of satisfaction. I hope anyone interested in purchasing second to none quality forged alloy wheels will not overlook one of the leaders of innovative design, technology, and extreme fittments only available from I forged.

SPEEDWERKZ motorsports
Matt

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I agree the wheels are nice...

Here's my problem with your dealings with them..... Since you deal with them alot they will make sure they do good by you... Otherwise you wouldn't sell there wheels....
and give them sooo much business...

My big problem is that since I am an owner of one set... I guess I just don't count...

There is no reason that I should have to redo something on a wheel that I just bought..
And then have them blame someone else for a job they didn't do correctly.

Honestly why should I have to do this on my own expense??? That's what they were paid to do...

All they had to do is be considerate and not so quickly to blame the shop where I had the wheels put on.....

If you think that is good customer service then your smoking something....

Also for the company shutting down during Sema...

How hard is it to keep a staff at the shop to talk to your customers???
Not that hard....It just shows how much they care about there customers...

They don't give a crap about the little guy.. Just as long as they got there cash..

I also wasn't say to boycott there wheels.. All I was saying is don't expect customer service.....

I really do like my wheels... I am just SOL if there is another problem with them.

Joe

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I agree the wheels are nice...

Here's my problem with your dealings with them..... Since you deal with them alot they will make sure they do good by you... Otherwise you wouldn't sell there wheels....
and give them sooo much business...

My big problem is that since I am an owner of one set... I guess I just don't count...

There is no reason that I should have to redo something on a wheel that I just bought..
And then have them blame someone else for a job they didn't do correctly.

Honestly why should I have to do this on my own expense??? That's what they were paid to do...

All they had to do is be considerate and not so quickly to blame the shop where I had the wheels put on.....

If you think that is good customer service then your smoking something....

They don't give a crap about the little guy.. Just as long as they got there cash..

I also wasn't say to boycott there wheels.. All I was saying is don't expect customer service.....

I really do like my wheels... I am just SOL if there is another problem with them.

Joe

I understand your issues TRUST ME! I deal with horrible vendors all the time that could care less about me or my customers:mad: I do care about the "little guy" so if you do have any material/workmanship probs. please let me know and I will do my best to see you get taken care of:2tu: . It is unfortunate that in today's world, customer service does seem to be lacking in personal customer relationships, however without distributors it is almost impossible for manufacturers to handle potential customer q's, actual customer q's, orders, builds, overseeing production, follow ups with sub. vendor's (for related components), final inspections, etc. etc. I know for a fact from the very first set of I forged wheels I had built in 2005 for my 98 GTS that I wanted to be involved with this company!! I told Vincent I wanted the deepest lip possible for my car and he told me he had a 4.5" lip avail. for my car but if I wanted to take a few measurements on my car he would see if he could get an additional .5" for me,.....Well he did! I thought that was really cool and appreciated his enthusiasm he shared with me on these great cars. When my wheels arrived I was hooked for life:headbang: They were the best looking and fitting wheels I had ever put on any of my vehicles. I have had a great relationship with him and I forged ever since. I will say again, the company has grown and they are experiencing the pains that are associated with that. I hope to be the "go to guy" for the Viper community searching for these wheels and would be happy to answer any questions or concerns so that I forged can keep focused soley on getting the wheels built, inspected, and delivered trouble free;)

Please let me know if I can help, and again I hate you had a bad experience.

Matt Chambers SPEEDWERKZ

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I already explained the SEMA thing above, but I suppose you just don't care to listen. I am heavily involved in the performance industry, and SEMA is a BIG deal to this market. Several shop employees use their only vacation time to attend these shows, since they work overtime the rest of the year. The smaller the company is, the more likely they ALL attend the show. IForged isn't some huge 100 person corporation, it is less than 5 guys that run it. All of them play the sales guy role, which means all of them had to run the booth at SEMA. Vince didn't even get a chance to walk the show, he was working the booth.

So, before you continue to go on and on about how bad this company is for WORKING at SEMA, please understand that the show is very important to the industry and it isn't uncommon for smaller vendors (especially those with booths) to shut down that week.

It ***** that your situation had its timing during SEMA week, but please don't act like they purposely screwed you and decided not to answer the phone for a week.

OP
OP
S

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats great, the show is not just one day....

They could switch one day and one day off.... Just as long as there is one person to answer the phone...

I think they personally screwed anybody that was trying to contact them during SEMA..
There should be no reason for it period... At least hire someone off the street to answer the phone.... Hell for my wheels alone.. They could have hired someone to be there...

I love how I am getting attacked for telling people about a company's bad practices..

You can attack me all you want.... I think its wrong... And alot of other people will also...

Joe

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Any company can have a defective product slip out, it's how the problem is handled after the sale and they have your money that counts. That question has apparently been answered by Steponz."

This is the best statement on this thread PERIOD!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR PROBLEM WITH US AND GIVING US THE HEADS UP ON WHAT TO EXPECT SHOULD SOMETHING GO WRONG.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats great, the show is not just one day....

They could switch one day and one day off.... Just as long as there is one person to answer the phone...

I think they personally screwed anybody that was trying to contact them during SEMA..
There should be no reason for it period... At least hire someone off the street to answer the phone.... Hell for my wheels alone.. They could have hired someone to be there...

I love how I am getting attacked for telling people about a company's bad practices..

Joe

As long as you continue to complain about vendors closing for SEMA, and not take advice from someone involved, about WHY that happens, then you will just think you are getting attacked. I've tried to explain this, but you seem like your mind is made up that you are 100% right. Hate to tell you, but the world doesn't revolve around YOU.

I agree that your situation *****, and you have every right to be upset about the ordeal. But, I'm trying to educate you on how the industry deals with SEMA, two different subjects. Entire racing teams and shops plan AROUND the SEMA week. Just like most companies plan AROUND the Christmas/New Years week. They are known as stagnant non-productive weeks, where it is difficult to reach people. Now, this doesn't go for every company, but most of them.

Your suggestion of hiring someone off the street to answer the phone isn't feasible. Someone that would have zero product knowledge, zero pending order knowledge, zero technical assistance help. Hell, an answering machine can do that.

Not an attack, just facts. Don't take it so personal.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeezus 9 ball. Enough. We get you're a proponent of Iforged, and apparently have a very strong allegiance or some other connection even stronger with them.

The GUY IS VOICING HIS OPINION AND EXPEREINCE, you have NO RIGHT to tell him its wrong. No one is saying yours is any less valid. But sheet, shoving your ideas down his throat on his very own thread is completely BS.

Its called a paradigm, he has his, you have yours and I have mine. I think more then anything you revive this thread every time you respond, thereby bringing more exposure to the issue. I'd let it die. I think he did what he intended to, and that’s to warn people that you could have issues with Iforge if you ran into a similar situation and I for one thank him for that.

That’s it.

Jon

PS. I know your relatively new on the forum, or at least registered as such, but say your piece and let everyone arrive at their own conclusion, not force yours upon them.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a dealer for several brands of high end wheels, iForged is one of them. Believe me, I've heard some horror stories about them, as well as ALL brands in the past. Things have gotten better in the last few years, as the other vendor above has also noted. I'm not here to tell this guy that he was wrong, I already agreed that he should be upset and that his situation *****. I only offered to explain industry related things. Perhaps to shed a hint of reason within a thread that is very one-sided and bashing. Hell, it even convinced you to boycott them based on one single thread.

"the sky is falling"
-Chicken Little

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe very strongly in treating the customer right, espeically in the tough situations. They didnt do that here. So I've chosen not to deal with them. My choice, and my rationale. You're choice is to keep their name somewhat safe, so you can continue to sell product of theirs to a larger group of people. You're choice, your rationale. Not faulting you at all. Business is Business. This guy has a legitimate complaint, he voiced it, and I for one thank him for it. I've seen other businesses shut down for sema too, and happened right around the time I needed them also, it sucked, and I wasnt a fan of this system either, but again, their choice.

We all said our peace I guess... Hopefully Iforged at least improves on their customer service if anything from this.

Jon