Bezel on Interior Door Handle

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeterday the bezel around the door handle popped out when I closed the door.

I had been in the habit of grabbing the **** on the forward part of the door when closing it.

The besel has 4 clips that hold it in place, two of the clips snapped off.

Is this problem pretty common? Should I order more than one bezel?

Thanks,-Jeff

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broke mine, dealer wanted outrageous amount (~$50?) so I fixed it. They said it is also used on either Cruiser or Prowler, so look for wrecks...

Please post how much they cost, I hope that my price wa a mistake.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a sililar problem on my 93 rt. I was removing them
to install aftermarket polished aluminum plates from
Zero Altitude Flight and noticed that 2 of the plastic tabs
were broken. Yes, I also hear that dodge
charges an absorbetant price for replacements. You have
to be very careful installing the new ones (you position the
plate in the handle well and push it forward, I used a small
wood dowell and a small hammer) so you dont break the tabs during install. If you don't get it on the first try, every attempt puts more stress on the tabs and "click" its broken. Very poor part from dodge with an
outrageous price tag.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened to me too, bought one from Jon B and I rounded the open part of the tabs with a Dremmel tool to make it an easier fit, and also used Super glue on the tabs to stop it from moving. Now make sure to press the silver pin that holds the actual door lever down flush with the housing. This makes it go in better too.

What did the rest of you do with the bezel that had the broken tabs? How did you all fix that problem besides the obvious warraty and buying a new one?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not in front of me, so a little from memory, but I added an aluminum flat sheet to the bezel, located so that the flat sheet would be laying over the ears, if they were still there. Then I bent it slightly, so that it would provide a little pressure on the part the ears wrap around. In effect, the aluminum piece really only provides some friction, since only the unbroken ears are locating the bezel and holding it in place. Sounds goofy, but works. Hope that made sense.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real common. Like you said, alot of guys pull the door closed by using the raised portion of the door trim panel above the inside handle. This usually pops off the bezel. Use the door pull cup in the center of the door. Highly unlikely any service contract will cover it. We keep the bezels in stock! Sold 2 last week.dj

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two screws that hold the handle on the door. If either screw loosens. The added movement during opening puts stress on the bezel. Make sure you tighten both before putting on the new bezel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper