BFG drag radials

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the snake back from having these installed and all I can say is holy grip! :eek: I previously had my original pilot sports from '01. The BFG's are great, and I'm looking forward to my next drag session.

Approx how many drag runs with burnout can I expect to get off this set? I believe I read that 17.5 psi was good in the rears, but what about the fronts? Thanks in advance.

Mark

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run mine about 35-40 times so far and they are holding up well. I'd guess I've used about half the life of the tire (rough guess......if someone else knows better, please chime in). As for the front tires, I've heard that mid to high 30s works ok (just slightly higher than normal). Have fun! They gave me almost a .5 sec improved time.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably have over a 100 runs on my first set and I could get some more out of them. They really dont require a huge burnout and they seem to get better with age. My last outing I was cutting 1.53 to 1.61 60 foots all night. 15 to 16 psi HOT.

Also are you saying you have drag radials on the front?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned these BFG Drag radials, I couldn't get them to hook up at the drag strip, burnout or no burnout. (RT-10 on the top of my list in my sig. below)

But on the street, they were glued to the pavement on almost every launch!

OP
OP
S

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did put the BFG's on the front, should I put my pilots back on the front? I just figured it was best to have the same tire all the way around...am I wrong?

Mark

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think BFG drag radials are useless on the front. If you want to use them for road racing there are better alternatives. At the drag stip the stock pilots are probably better.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the drag radials have more compliant sidewalls so they are useless on the fron for drag racing or taking turns. If you bought an extra set of 345's(18) just keep them for the rears or sell them. pilots will do just fine on the front for drag racing and the drag radials are not made for taking corners only straight line.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Without the supercharger my BFG's are really tough to get to break loose. With the SC First gear would hook until 4500rpm's, then break loose on the 2nd gear shift when i got on it.

With the stock pilots I was able to break traction at will at 65mph or slower. Needless to say I will never have anything but BFG's on the car.