BFG's vs Kumho?

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BFG\'s vs Kumho?

I will be installing a new set of ForgeLine VR1's, can anyone tell me how much difference in traction there is between BFG Drag Radials, and Kumho V-700's, for the rear.

Currently I run BFG's, and wheel HP will be increasing to somewhere between 700hp and 800hp when current mods are complete. (before nitrous)

I do not have any personal experience with the Kumho V-700's.

Thanks,
Alan

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: BFG\'s vs Kumho?

Kumho's rock! I liked them on the Streety 100% more than BFGs on the street.

At the track, of course the BFGs will stick more.
But on the street BFGs feel like your on a boat!

OP
OP
B

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes they are,

I am offering them for $245.95 each plus S&H.

Shaving and, or, Heat Cycling available $16.00 each.

I have never run them to know how much difference in traction there is between them and the BFG Drag Radial. Trying to figure out if it is slight, or a large difference.

Thanks,
Alan

AlansPerformance.com

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kumho V-700's all around on my car.
Very good traction.

I cant imagine shaving them. Very little tread when new.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes they are,

I am offering them for $245.95 each plus S&H.

Shaving and, or, Heat Cycling available $16.00 each.

I have never run them to know how much difference in traction there is between them and the BFG Drag Radial. Trying to figure out if it is slight, or a large difference.

Thanks,
Alan

AlansPerformance.com

What sizes do you have them available in?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've used both...and the BFG DRs (to me...FWIW) win hands down.

The kumhos sand blasted the s#!t out of the wheel wells and were a lot worse than the BFGs in the rain. The dry traction with them was great, but only for the first two months or so. The BFGs lasted a good bit longer, and were only extremely sticky when I wanted them to be.

If you go Kumho, just make sure to put some clear protectant on the paint around the wheels. I didn't, and the wells suffered.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The kumhos sand blasted the s#!t out of the wheel wells and were a lot worse than the BFGs in the rain. The dry traction with them was great, but only for the first two months or so. The BFGs lasted a good bit longer, and were only extremely sticky when I wanted them to be.

If you go Kumho, just make sure to put some clear protectant on the paint around the wheels. I didn't, and the wells suffered.
Wait a minute, your saying the Kumho's were WORSE in the rain than the BFG's? I can't imagine that because i run BFG's and they seriously **** in the rain. I don't barely drive in the rain because i feel like i'm on ice and i hydroplain like hell.
How good do the Kumhos HOOK right off the line on dry payvement comapired to the BFG's? I know i feel a bit wobbly at very high speeds with the BFG's and i dont like that but the straight line WAHOO they hook AWESOME!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must have them backwards. BFGs are the WORST tire in the RAIN I have ever had on ANY car!
Kumhos were much better in the rain! And the BFGs kicked up more crap also when warm.

Which brings up a GOOD Reminder, make sure to use 3M clear tape around your wheel wells and areas where the rocks may get kicked up!

Kumhos ROCK!! :2tu:

OP
OP
B

BLWNV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Casey,
I see you have a twin turbo, and it appears you are using the Kumho's?
How well do they hook up with the TT?
Thanks,
Alan

I sent you a PM

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nah...don't have them backwards.

I drove the car about a year as a daily driver...6 months on Kumhos and 6 months on the BFGs. And the rear end came out more with the kumhos by far in the rain, just going 40mph or so.

But the kumhos threw crap up 24/7, not just when they were warm.

But now she only comes out when the weather permits, so I'm sticking with the BFGs anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog