BIG thanks to DC PERFORMANCE....re-dyno'd car.WOW!!!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BIG thanks to DC PERFORMANCE....re-dyno\'d car.WOW!!!!

So I have a 05 SRT. Put on Corsa track and RT cats. Otherwise bone stock. Had posted how I dyno'd but my buddies was better in the mid range. My car felt real rich and the air/fuel showed the same. So previous dyno was 468rwhp/ 470.9 rwtq.

So I decided to go catless,added some green filters and then gave Dan at DC PERFORMANCE a call. He programmed a new computer for me and shipped it right out. I wanted it before the 4 day holiday. Took about 15 minutes to install new PCM. Fired it up and took for a spin. Immediately I could just tell the car was running better. It didnt pop as much and felt alot smoother during accceleration. Felt faster. Only one way to find out. So I went and dyno'd today.

Im now at 487.8rwhp and 513.2 rwtq on same dyno as before,even a little warmer today. Were the car really picked up was right were Dan said it would. Thats in the fat sweet spot of 3-5k rpm. Im closer to 40-50 ft tq in around 4k rpm then before. The car is running strong!! Dan even removed the skip shift and I didnt even ask,(I forgot too) Im very,very pleased and cant wait for the long weekend to go driving. Thanks to DC Performance for the PCM work and my buddy ILLSMOQ for putting in the off road pipes. :2tu: :headbang:

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: BIG thanks to DC PERFORMANCE....re-dyno\'d car.WOW!!!!

Bro, those numbers are sick! I have the comp coup exhaust with no cats on dans tune. My car on his dyno only made 462 rwhp and 481 rwtq. I must have got a weak car from the factory (which has happened to me before)

Nice numbers. :2tu:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Best bang for the buck given the performance increase. I installed their blower flash on my Paxton SRT Ram earlier this year and it really woke it up right off the line when doing some drag racing.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Hey Mike,

First, not all dyno numbers are comparable. I've read some pretty high HP / TQ posts coming out of San Jose recently. I wonder if these number are "SAE corrected". DC's always are.

Second, if you look at his "before" numbers, something was wrong with his tune. HP and TQ is never that close in these cars with those mods. He is likely correct about his car being rich before the new computer.

This is a good improvement, regardless of the numbers.

Thanks DC.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

these are SAE corrected......like cars dyno's can be different. :confused:

If I can get the file from the dyno shop, I'll overlay the new graph on to the old one. He made a ton of power in the midrange over his previous dyno pulls.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree that not all dyno's,cars or climates are the same. I also agree you should always use the same dyno to see improvements. Thats really my only point in this thread. Im not here to say look at my numbers. Rather show what big gains I got from a good tune and no cats. Its a whole new car. So I dont mind if I dyno 400 or 500hp, I only want to see my hard earned money spent on mods net good results.

Maybe we will have to get 1DumpedViper's car up this way and see what it does on our "San Jose" dyno's. lol

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

so let me get this straight...

ILSMOQ: off road exhaust, intake, Cooks headers.
MikeR: Off road exhaust, Intake, DC Flash..

??

SO how do they run now?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so let me get this straight...

ILSMOQ: off road exhaust, intake, Cooks headers.
MikeR: Off road exhaust, Intake, DC Flash..

??

SO how do they run now?

never had any intake mods here....today I'm running Kooks, offroad and Dynomax race bullets(loud again just wanted hear it :ooo: )...we'll see how they run today.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I wouldnt call green filters a intake,but I guess they arent stock. My sig shows mods, and ILLSMOQ's only mods are headers,exhaust,engine mounts,Motons and HRE's

Before my tune and cats, he walked me in third gear roll on. Today we just went out and he slightly edged me by maybe a 1/4 car, instead of about 2-3 cars.
The tune gave me all the torque I had been missing in the 3-5k range. So now instead of 20-30hp/tq, he only has me by about 9hp and 9tq at peak.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Yes, that's what I meant by intake.. KNN, green, whatever. not a manifold, lol

MIKE
This might have been asked 100 times, but Mike can you tell me how much you paid and how long the part took to get there??

I am definitely doing this by X-mas, and so much easier than installing headers!!

ILLSMOOQ,
Those headers are not coated, are they melting the parts around them?? I have NIGHTMARE STORIES from uncoated headers that destroyed my wires, computers, master brake cylinder, etc,etc,etc... I am very afraid to go through the same.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes, that's what I meant by intake.. KNN, green, whatever. not a manifold, lol

MIKE
This might have been asked 100 times, but Mike can you tell me how much you paid and how long the part took to get there??

I am definitely doing this by X-mas, and so much easier than installing headers!!

ILLSMOOQ,
Those headers are not coated, are they melting the parts around them?? I have NIGHTMARE STORIES from uncoated headers that destroyed my wires, computers, master brake cylinder, etc,etc,etc... I am very afraid to go through the same.

Zorren, not sure which part you are referring to. If its the DC tune. its $600 for the tune and $300 for a computer. So I spent $920 shipped overnight. Im only 5 hours North of them sop shipping wasnt much. If you send them your computer, then it takes a little longer and its only $600. I wanted a seperate computer in case I need to take to dealer,only takes 15 minutes to swap out.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whats DC Motorsports phone number?

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I have a 05 SRT. Put on Corsa track and RT cats. Otherwise bone stock. Had posted how I dyno'd but my buddies was better in the mid range. My car felt real rich and the air/fuel showed the same. So previous dyno was 468rwhp/ 470.9 rwtq.

So I decided to go catless,added some green filters and then gave Dan at DC PERFORMANCE a call. He programmed a new computer for me and shipped it right out. I wanted it before the 4 day holiday. Took about 15 minutes to install new PCM. Fired it up and took for a spin. Immediately I could just tell the car was running better. It didnt pop as much and felt alot smoother during accceleration. Felt faster. Only one way to find out. So I went and dyno'd today.

Im now at 487.8rwhp and 513.2 rwtq on same dyno as before,even a little warmer today. Were the car really picked up was right were Dan said it would. Thats in the fat sweet spot of 3-5k rpm. Im closer to 40-50 ft tq in around 4k rpm then before. The car is running strong!! Dan even removed the skip shift and I didnt even ask,(I forgot too) Im very,very pleased and cant wait for the long weekend to go driving. Thanks to DC Performance for the PCM work and my buddy ILLSMOQ for putting in the off road pipes. :2tu: :headbang:

did you send them your PCM, or did you buy a new one from DC with the flash?

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

dcperformance.com 310-841-6996

"twinturbo" I ordered a NEW computer,so I dont ever get it erased if its at dealer. Better safe then sorry,so Ill swapo out before going into dealer for any work.

I had dyno sheets I emailed and faxed them so they could see what my car was doing,I had air/fuel readings too. Its not necessary but probably helped fine tuning my specific car. Also I had them program out secondary 02's since Im catless,and then they programmed out the stupid skip shift. I chose not to go with the 180 thermostat. So they needed to know that too. They recomend it but I didnt want to mess with that change also. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. There are many threads about them. I dont think Ive heard one bad thing. Well maybe the only bad thing would be they do such good work, Ill probably be spending more money with them again someday.lol

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ILLSMOOQ,

I tightend up the wireing and other lines that get close to the exhaust to be safe. I was able to retain the factory heat shields.

If you go with an uncoated set like this, it might be worth the piece of mind and maybe a little power to send them out to be coated....I didn't have the patience to wait another week or two with the headers already in my hand.

To be short, I have no problems. I'm thinking of maybe adding somemore heat shielding to be safe though :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Melting wires with uncoated headers shouldn't be a problem on the street with some common sense wire routing.

On the track, it may become an issue.

The best insulation package I know of is available at: http://atpwrap.com/home.htm

Good luck,

Dan

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Melting wires with uncoated headers shouldn't be a problem on the street with some common sense wire routing.

On the track, it may become an issue.

The best insulation package I know of is available at: http://atpwrap.com/home.htm

Good luck,

Dan

On the Viper, maybe. I don't know.

But on other cars, you better bet it is a problem. Depending on the space between the header and the head, sometimes even with insulation my wires would crack. This happenend especially with LT1 engines, sice the engine bay was small and the headers hugged the block.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson