Black 2000 GTS??

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to look at an all Black 2000 GST.
Is there anything I should be looking for before I buy it.
I would like to buy a red one with stripes '97 or newer.
However this one came along close to where I live and I know the history on it.
Is there a plus to the '00 model year over some of the other ones or is there some down sides?
I have a '94 and I love it, so there is not much wrong with a Viper in my books.
Just looking for some feedback.
Thank you,
TJ

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...Is everyone going to have two vipers before I do?

<FONT size="3">BLACK RULES!!!</FONT s> Especially the 2000 Models!

<FONT size="1">The only drawback I can think of is the cast pistons that replaced the forged pistons in earlier models...so just don't give it more than a 150 shot!</FONT s>

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't afford to own 2, so I'm sad to say that I will have to sell my '94.
But I think I'll sell it after having 2 Vipers for next summer.
If all goes well tonight, I'll have to throw the wifes Honda Pilot out side for the winter.
That reminds me, better get a heater for the dog house! I'll need it!
TJ

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pros: interior seems a bit tighter than my 97 RT/10, better exhaust header, 18inch wheels, a clean black Viper is beautiful

Cons: Cam is not as aggresive (however my 00 Creampuff put down 427hp at wheels, my 97 put down 426) no ABS on the 00, black is very difficult to keep clean

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigfoot:

There's an all black 2000 GTS at www.premiercars.com

The ASKING price is $61K, but who's to say you can't talk them down a bit. I recently sold my 2000 GTS with low mileage in the high 50K range and I think that's the norm these days.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is, again, very hard to keep clean. Black get's very hot. It also will show any imperfection. I think black makes the car look smaller IMO. I like that. If I had my choice, I'd take yellow.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
If I had my choice, I'd take yellow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="4">TRAITOR! No soup for you!</FONT s>

Any of you darkies every tried Midnight Express Cleaner/Wax...I like it! Z6 right over the top of it too!

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, like said in my post earlier.
Red w/silver stripes, ahhhhhh, so nice, but hey if things work out (price being right, trading him my boat) I'll have an all black GTS.
Any thoughts about stripping it.
What was the factory stripes, silver?
Or should it be left alone, probably.
TJ

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yessssssssss!
I just made the deal on my 2000 GTS ALL Black!
Is this thing heavier than my '94 RT/10?
Just wondering, because it doesn't feel any quicker than the old one.
However, I haven't REALLY driven it yet to see how it really performs.
I think I'm gonna like this Gen II.
Only problem is I take delivery of the car tonight and it snowed this morning.
That's the great white north for ya ey!
TJ

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice! Oh, and black is EASY to keep clean if you do it right. All of my recent cars have been black, as it is gorgeous when you keep them clean. The way to do it:

1. Buy a California Duster. They have a large variation called "Baja Sol" (I think) that can be picked up at Target for $19. It has gray threads vs. the original red. It seems to leave a lot less of the "wax marks" if you press too hard or use on a hot car.

2. Buy a "quick detail" spray. I use Zaino Z6, while others use Meguiars, etc. All seem to work well in "spot cleaning". Quickly removes bugs (soak 'em a little first before wiping), water spots from the occasional puddle, fingerprints, etc.

That's it! I can have my car looking "car wash fresh" in five minutes - ten if I do the wheels. Of course, if you drive through a rain storm all bets are off - as with ANY color. Oh, and if anybody is looking for a gorgeous black with silver stripes, I have reluctantly put mine up for sale at a very decent price. Check the VCA Classifieds.

Chris

BlackVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Skip the stripes, the car looks cleaner and meaner without them. I use Zano on mine and it is fairly easy to keep it clean compared to some of the other black cars I have owned. Maybe it has something to do with the low miles and car cover...
smile.gif

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Chris said, in relation to keeping your black finish looking good, but I would add:

Use nothing but quality foam applicators for applying waxes, polish, or glazes...

Use nothing but MicroFiber towels to remove waxes, polish, or glazes...Cheapest prices for real quality I've found on the net... HERE!

Griot's Garage has really good MicroFiber's too, but kind of spendy...

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well,I'm sitting in my office right now with a sh*t face grin I can't get rid of.

I took delivery of my ALL BLACK 2000 GTS last night!
What can I say? That car is so hot, I can't wait till spring!
Unfortunately I have to put it away this weekend, because it's going to snow.

What I found interesting, is that it's sooo different from my '94 RT/10.
Being out in the open with the side pipes roaring at WOT, wind blowing through your hair, 120 MPH feels like 150. You guys with the RT's know what I mean.

Then the GTS, it's so much more refined compared to my '94.
You step on the throttle in first, careful not to redline it, because I seems so much slower with the roof on. I can't hear the engine quite as well either, so 6000RPM doesn't jump out at you quite as much as it does on the RT.
Then shifting to second, hmmm, I can break traction pretty easy, hey this things got more balls then my '94!

They both certainly have their merits.
My wife said she like the RED RT better when the BLACK one showed up last night.
Then I took her out for dinner and then to a club in the GTS.
It was a cool night, almost down to freezing.
Now I think she coming around.

Either way, the REDHEAD has to go, but I'm already in love with a BLACK one!
Thanks for the tips on keeping my car clean Chris, Snake & Black.
TJ

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Vipers ****. They are ugly and slow. Pretty much sums it up. Oh yeah, 2000 models are the worst of all the blacks.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I agree with BUGEATER. Black really *****!
Especially at night under some lights when their is a car load of blondes chics following you every where you go, blowing kisses and mouthing obscene words through the window.
OK enough rambling.
Black is beautiful!!
It ***** to be me!!
TJ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery