Black Interior Question?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the black interior get so hot it is uncomfortable in the summer heat?

Knowing that the AC Unit is challenged to begin with. Honesty please we are talking 45 year old man that thinks about these things.:2tu:

Thanks.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our black interior DOES get hot, :firedev: Jeff. NO shorts for us!!! The a/c unit cools it off rather quickly tho in our '05. We are similar ages, and yes, that's an issue here too!!
~juli~

D

DAMN YANKEE

Easy for Chuck, the robe is so long that he has to hike it up to clear the pedals......:tz:

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this again
2004_Registration_NECS.jpg

Trouble is I own my car and would have to take a loan to upgrade. Plus my son goes to college in 4 years. Plus my closest friends are Gen I specific (certainly understandable). I was told that it's just about the same thing, just costs more. But comes with a hardtop and roll up windows, the windows don't matter so much but I have been seeking shade rather than sun.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you change the cross over exhaust it pretty much ends the hot interior problem. I live in South Florida and with the inserts in the seat I don't have the same problem as if they were all leather. I don't need the air with the top down but it isn't July yet!!!!!!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean when you park the car outside on a sunny day. But I just took my car out for a spin and a wash. I'm not as close as I thought to selling.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '02 ACR didn't even have A/C. Although I bought an A/C to put in it I never did. Did not ever find the heat unbearable. Like driving w/ the windows down.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put ac in my car, but it has needed a re-charge for a year and a half. Once you go to high flo exhaust the heat is not unbearable.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff--Eliminating the crossovers (Corsa exhaust/flow-thru cats) did NOT eliminate the heat in the drivers' side. We use the a/c to cool the car off, THEN roll down the windows and let down the vert top to enjoy the air, unless it's too oppressive out, then it's full a/c.
Black on black---can't seem to get away from it's GONNA be very hot inside...but only lasts a few, tolerable to us. w/O a/c-----we know others w/ Gen I's that have no a/c, gotten out of their cars SOAKING WET ... ewwww!!! (LOL) This is just IMHO, and what WE do, everyone is different. ~juli~

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find that if I start the A/C immediately, it will keep up with the heat generated by the exhaust. Once hot, my GTS's A/C is hopelessly outmatched.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960