black or red rt/10 whats your opinion?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on the verge on buying a RT/10 but i cant decide weather to buy a black or a red rt/10. i like them both. black one is 1100 more and has 24k miles and the red one has 38k miles. But the black rt has cognac interior which i do not like but i can always switch them? :usa:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If neither is to your liking, wait a little longer for the combination you like to come on the market. You should be able to pick up a sub-20k-mile car with the color combo you want in a decent price range, but you might have to wait a month or two.

I didn't like the Cognac/Connelly interior when I first saw it (which happened to be in a red car - red and dark orange really don't go together), but when I saw it in a black car, I really liked it. If you've not seen it in the black car, you might change your mind.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="yellow"> YELLOW LOL LOL </font>
<font color="red"> FOLLOWED BY RED FOR SURE... </font>
Baz :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black for looks, but Red for less maint.

Black is just sooo...hard to keep clean.

NO problem with the help! :p

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a red R/T with the Congac leather, and I like it. I have only seen one black viper and it was beautiful and different. I belive you have more choices on different color combos, as far as interiors, lots of choices and contracts, and lots of chrome. Just my opinion.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like other colors on viper but red is by far the BEST, silver is my second favorite BTW.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you think american muscle...either black or Red. Check out ViperMad's pictures...pretty nice combination of both. But then again, I am partial to red....I don't like to wash my car every day ;)

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Black when it's clean!!! The best color for sure! But I have to agree, it's a pain in the butt to have to clean. I have always had silver sports cars. They are very easy to clean-no water spots-dust is very hard to see-etc. I wash my BLACK Viper 4 or 5 times a month! It's garaged and only driven on the weekends!!! I wash my silver porsche 2 to 3 times a month and I drive it everyday. But, Viper sure is pretty when it's clean!!!

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think the Graphite color is my favorite, but reds are a hell of a lot easier to find. I just got tired of being Viper-less and bought a red one.

Also, since there are so many red ones out there, I would think that...on average....they would be the cheapest color.

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any color is fine as long as its RED!!!

Red really shows the lines but is dark enough, but thats just my preference...

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions. I agree that the red shows the lines of the car better. If the car checks out good after the inspection, then i will be buying the red 99' RT/10. I appreciate your help.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two best colors for vipers, in my opinion. Both will get a lot of attention, but red even more so than black. If you enjoy the extra attention, there's your answer.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is hard to keep clean and I told myself I would never get another black car but when it's clean it rocks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black is hard to keep clean and I told myself I would never get another black car but when it's clean it rocks!
Hmmm.... I don't have any trouble at all keeping my black RT clean - I only wash it perhaps once a year, in fact (last washing was August 2004). All that is required is a garage, not driving it in the rain, a duster, and some Maguire's quick-detail (perhaps once/month). Oh, and I often cover it at work, but thats more to keep the sun off and to deflect attention from it when I'm not around.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it's not really that bad but it seems like everytime I take the car out I have to do a quick detail on it. It's in a garage but I guess it's just very dusty :( I actually only wash the car a few times a year with soap and water. The rest of the time is what Randy said. A duster and some quick detailer.

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is the best....when clean...!!!

5080000_0014.jpg

Mazman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it ain't <font color="red"> RED </font> , it ain't <font color="red"> HOT </font> !!
OK - maybe I'm a little biased! :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960