Blasphemy

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the season premier of Top Gear, with segments comparing the genV with the LFA and Aston Martin Vanquish. Jeremy Clarkson continues to hate the viper, calling the genV "horrible", and the LFA as the best car he's ever driven. He really just seems to hate american cars, the Viper in particular.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is an entertainment show. It was giving Hammond **** more than anything.

Hammond loved the car from his commentary driving - which is all that matters

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarkson actually really likes the viper.

This...in almost every review i've ever seen him do on the Viper he points out all the short comings of the car but in the same breath with a S$@t eating grin on his face says he absolutely loves it.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Clarkson is nauseatingly PREDICTABLE in all of his responses. I think that is what draws most people into watching the show. Not only do you get to
see some of the world's top exotic cars being road tested, you are also subject to The UK's version of The Three Stooges (sans the eye pokes). I have to admit,
some of the episodes that have aired over the years have been pretty funny. Without a doubt, there seems to be a genetic bias against American cars. I'm just
glad that the American version of the show is off the air. That one was difficult to watch. :D

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This...in almost every review i've ever seen him do on the Viper he points out all the short comings of the car but in the same breath with a S$@t eating grin on his face says he absolutely loves it.

The two cars I was particularly interested in when I was buying my Viper was the C63 AMG and the Viper. He describes both as Axe Murderer cars (and that he loved them)!

[of course, the C63 wasn't really in the same league as a Viper so I never really was going to get one :) ]

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarkson is nauseatingly PREDICTABLE in all of his responses. I think that is what draws most people into watching the show. Not only do you get to
see some of the world's top exotic cars being road tested, you are also subject to The UK's version of The Three Stooges (sans the eye pokes). I have to admit,
some of the episodes that have aired over the years have been pretty funny. Without a doubt, there seems to be a genetic bias against American cars. I'm just
glad that the American version of the show is off the air. That one was difficult to watch. :D

I would rather watch the 3 stooges.

F

FrgMstr

If you ever saw Clarkson's previous Viper reviews, I considered those fairly glowing. If he does not like the new one, I would say this is a new direction on his Viper opinion.

http://youtu.be/Ircx4Hea_4U

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gear = Entertainment show
If you prefer car reviews, watch Fifth Gear.
The US trip wasn't their best show, lacked uniqueness. But if you're a Top Gear addict, you'll take it :)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually think he's just as tough on the corvette and maybe tougher... Sour grapes with a laugh because of the continuous beat downs that both cars give to his favorite euro rides at a fraction of the price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang