blow off valve adjustment......

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can this blow off valve/waste gate(what ever it is) be adjusted or toned down. I mean this thing is LOUD like i dont like sitting in my car anymore!!!! What do i do?!?!?!?!

P.S. This is for my Heffner Blower Set up with the paxton novi2000

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
um... nope. unless you remove the supercharger.

that 55,000 rpms needs a place to vent when it isn't going into the motor!

JD

dang it..........so did i just loose the drivability that i enjoyed so much? Is that why people choose to do twin turbo or the roe supercharger?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you can do is pipe the by-passed air back into the air inlet, that would make it much quieter.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are dozens of Blow Of Valves available in todays market. Some LOUD some quiet. That looks like a standard flange/valve and several should bolt up to your system. Call Heffner and ask, I'm sure he can answer your question.

Personally I love the sound of a BOV, and on a Viper I can't imagine!

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need to find one that is quieter. KepRght suggested the 50mm Tial. This one is awesome and is not very loud. What ever you do, do not buy the RFL. I had one of these on a Syclone. It actually stands for (Real Fu--ing Loud). Some people, including myself, love that sound.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blow off sound it self sounds awsome when you come off the throttle, but its when your sitting at idle or your not under open throtle, wents its just purging air, thats when its to loud.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, route the blow off to the airbox and it will be much quieter

I dont have an air box anymore, its just a filter infront of the blower. What do i do in that case?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need to find one that is quieter. KepRght suggested the 50mm Tial. This one is awesome and is not very loud. What ever you do, do not buy the RFL. I had one of these on a Syclone. It actually stands for (Real Fu--ing Loud). Some people, including myself, love that sound.

thanks ill research the Tial, and give heffner a call about it aswell.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang it..........so did i just loose the drivability that i enjoyed so much? Is that why people choose to do twin turbo or the roe supercharger?

how does the 'wooooooooooooosh' sound equate to a loss of drivability?

thats the thing, the "Woooooosh" sounds awsome, its when the car is not under open throutle that blow off valve sits open and sounds loug as hell going ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhshsshshshhshshshshsh, really loud, you have to give it more then 60-70% throutle to get it to shut up.

It sounds like i have a HUGE air leak.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the bypass supposed to be closed until a certain pressure? Why would it exhaust air at idle?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dont have an air box anymore, its just a filter infront of the blower. What do i do in that case?

Run a piece of tube from the blow off valve to behind the air filter and in front of the supercharger.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Run a piece of tube from the blow off valve to behind the air filter and in front of the supercharger.

i have no room, the air filter is about an inch away from the fans.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the bypass supposed to be closed until a certain pressure? Why would it exhaust air at idle?

thats what i was thinking.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me try to clarify:

Imagine that you have no BOV. when the car is at part throttle, the SC is forcing LOTS of air into the motor. this is bad. Also, if you are WOT at 6k RPM and you slam the throttle plates shut (aka: take foot off gas), do you want the air to SLAM into the closed throttle plates causing blow-back on the blower itself, causing that 55,000rpm impeller to actually REVERSE?

of course not. you use the BOV to vent air. Whether you are under boost or not, at 6k rpm, that SC is spinning at 55-60k rpm. so you need to vent the air OUT and not IN to the motor. if the BOV were OPEN under boost, then you'd lose boost.

don't mix up a WASTE GATE and a BOV... both are quite different.

good luck!

JD

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what do i have a waste gate or a bov? whats the diffrience?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have no room, the air filter is about an inch away from the fans.

Is the air filter right on the supercharger? Or is there a pipe between the two?

In worst case you can build a pipe that leads the blow off air somewhere below to silence it a bit. You can also place an air filter on the blow off valve as well, they will act as a silencer as well.

And you have a by pass valve, wastegates are on exhausts of turbo charged applications(most of the time).

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a larger blow off valve will be much quieter at idle. I think the novi 2000 blower is flowing more air at idle then that little valve can pass. 100-200$ for the bigger BOV should fix it.