BlownGTS complete and running.....!

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it is finally finsihed. After fine tuning yesterday on the dyno-jet my car went 885 RWHP and 850 Tourque. Yes, I will post the dyno sheet on Monday. Hopefully along with some pictures of the set up and video of the races last night. Took the car out from 9 pm to about 2 am and beat on it the whole time w/o one problem. Best two races were with a Cobra and an ACR from Tenn., both making about 600 RWHP. Neither was even close. Talked with both guys after racing and both were in shock to say the least. I could not be happier with the car and the unbelievable power I am making with no internals (other than the fuel system). Just wanted to give a quick update for the nay-sayers and the believers I have come across in building this monster. :headbang:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't read the other thread so would you mind listing your setup. Those numbers are insane on a stock motor. Sounds like a beast. Any plans on getting a 1/4 mile time?

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No the Tenn ACR was only all internals but nice car. I will leave it to you guys to call my mechanic Kevin at Underground Racing 704 361 3443. He will be happy to help you guys out or build your cars for a lot less than the big boys.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it is finally finsihed. After fine tuning yesterday on the dyno-jet my car went 885 RWHP and 850 Tourque. Yes, I will post the dyno sheet on Monday. Hopefully along with some pictures of the set up and video of the races last night. Took the car out from 9 pm to about 2 am and beat on it the whole time w/o one problem. Best two races were with a Cobra and an ACR from Tenn., both making about 600 RWHP. Neither was even close. Talked with both guys after racing and both were in shock to say the least. I could not be happier with the car and the unbelievable power I am making with no internals (other than the fuel system). Just wanted to give a quick update for the nay-sayers and the believers I have come across in building this monster.
No way will i believe it on pump gas with NO detonation and stock compression. not saying it can't be done, just sounds like a time bomb.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im still a non beliver. were you the original owner of the car? im thinking that a proir owner bought the car and had heads and cams done or something. this car seems to make more than 100 rwhp than the heffner, dlm and even the turbo [******] cars. something is diffrent about this motor that is unknown. this isnt a bad thing though, id love to buy a car with a head/cam setup and not know it was on there.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dyno sheet is up on the alley, and while it does look sweet, I'm highly skeptical as well. Not of the owner (Matt) necessarily, but of the facts as described. Those numbers at 13 psi with the Paxton blower plus an upgraded fuel system with stock heads, cam, and exhaust manifolds?? Either there is more to the story than meets the eye, or as George Costanza said, this Matt's Charlotte tuner has "discovered plutonium by accident."

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know why everyone is so skeptical. This isnt rocket science and there really are more than a handful of people that are good with cars. I'm happy to see people making crazy power and I think we're gonna be seeing alot more very soon.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny, your point only proves why people ARE skeptical--because it isn't rocket science, almost all the tuners who have been supercharging Vipers for several years come up with similar results out of similar combinations of base cars (in this case allegedly stock everything but a catback) and blowers (in this case a pretty common Novi 2000). The air to water intercooler is a little different than the more common air to air, but it shouldn't make a big difference, and remember the base Paxton kit with the intercooler is rated at 621 hp/589 tq at the FLYWHEEL. So this appears to be a very unusual result with, so far, no unusual aspect of the combination to account for it. If this was the first blown Viper with the AEM ECM or something people would be less skeptical, but that's not the case.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Didn't read the other thread so would you mind listing your setup. Those numbers are insane on a stock motor. Sounds like a beast. Any plans on getting a 1/4 mile time?

My biggest worry now is the clutch, might take it to track w/ street tires. Afraid slicks will kill the clutch. Thanks

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was the ACR blown too? Where in NC are you located?
ACR was all internals only. I think it made around 600 at the wheel. Charlotte,NC

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well it is finally finsihed. After fine tuning yesterday on the dyno-jet my car went 885 RWHP and 850 Tourque. Yes, I will post the dyno sheet on Monday. Hopefully along with some pictures of the set up and video of the races last night. Took the car out from 9 pm to about 2 am and beat on it the whole time w/o one problem. Best two races were with a Cobra and an ACR from Tenn., both making about 600 RWHP. Neither was even close. Talked with both guys after racing and both were in shock to say the least. I could not be happier with the car and the unbelievable power I am making with no internals (other than the fuel system). Just wanted to give a quick update for the nay-sayers and the believers I have come across in building this monster.
No way will i believe it on pump gas with NO detonation and stock compression. not saying it can't be done, just sounds like a time bomb.

Maxed think what you want. No detonation, stock compression. The proof is in the pudding.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im still a non beliver. were you the original owner of the car? im thinking that a proir owner bought the car and had heads and cams done or something. this car seems to make more than 100 rwhp than the heffner, dlm and even the turbo [******] cars. something is diffrent about this motor that is unknown. this isnt a bad thing though, id love to buy a car with a head/cam setup and not know it was on there.

Non believer. Think what you want. Stock engine. Stock compression. Thanks I think?

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Also non believer, I dynoed the car before any work. Went 417 RWHP. So proof no engine work.

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dyno sheet is up on the alley, and while it does look sweet, I'm highly skeptical as well. Not of the owner (Matt) necessarily, but of the facts as described. Those numbers at 13 psi with the Paxton blower plus an upgraded fuel system with stock heads, cam, and exhaust manifolds?? Either there is more to the story than meets the eye, or as George Costanza said, this Matt's Charlotte tuner has "discovered plutonium by accident."

Well if he did then good for him. LOL Stock motor guys. Underground RAcing. Kevin 704 361 3443. Thanks for the left handed compliment. LOL

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know why everyone is so skeptical. This isnt rocket science and there really are more than a handful of people that are good with cars. I'm happy to see people making crazy power and I think we're gonna be seeing alot more very soon.

thanks dC. It is a wild ride. Beat on it for 6 hrs Saturday night and over 300 miles w/0 one problem. Other than trying to find someone to race. LOL

OP
OP
B

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Danny, your point only proves why people ARE skeptical--because it isn't rocket science, almost all the tuners who have been supercharging Vipers for several years come up with similar results out of similar combinations of base cars (in this case allegedly stock everything but a catback) and blowers (in this case a pretty common Novi 2000). The air to water intercooler is a little different than the more common air to air, but it shouldn't make a big difference, and remember the base Paxton kit with the intercooler is rated at 621 hp/589 tq at the FLYWHEEL. So this appears to be a very unusual result with, so far, no unusual aspect of the combination to account for it. If this was the first blown Viper with the AEM ECM or something people would be less skeptical, but that's not the case.

Thanks he is really good with these cars. Trust me. LOL

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteThanks he is really good with these cars. Trust me. LOL

[/QUOTE]

BlownGTS,

I think your friend needs to open up a tuner shop. If he can do this on a consistent basis he can make a lot of money and take a big chunk of market share from the other tuners.

I wonder what he's doing differently than Mike Adams who's running the same Paxton set up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960