It wasn't Paolo, Wilmette doesn't allow small aircraft on their streets! :eek:

So somebody fess up!

:2tu:

Jay K.

--------------------

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilmette is half a mile from here and I drive through the town every day...except today. My car is at Field's Dodge. It is Sapphire Blue with silver stripes anyway. There is a black GTS no stripes in Evanston that is owned by the chef/owner of Oceanique restaurant. His college-age son drives it sometimes. I talked to a guy with a mint black RT/10 a few months ago that only took it out a few times a year (it was a few years old and had only a few thousand miles as I recall). I've seen a few red Gen III's around. Don't know of any other Vipers in this immediate few square miles. But if there are any...let's hook up!
5647100_0227-med.JPG

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was picking mine up at Field's last night. Had the bellenger headers installed. So it may have been me. Larry's 00 silver GTS was behind me. We cruised around there before heading back home to Schaumburg.

I will be home today around 3:00 cleaning it up from last nights "tests." :headbang:

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BTW: Willow/Palatine road *****!!!! Is there a street in the country with more potholes and bumps. You need a 4x4 to drive on that.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSTF, I head through Glenview twice a week for work!

Rob, I saw your car there getting the headers done...sweet ride. Mine was in the back with the HRE wheels waiting for a lightweight flywheel to arrive.

I'm always hearing there are guys in the Schaumburg area with Vipers, I'll have to make it out there for one of the VCA get-togethers. Anyone know when these start up again?
Maybe we could have our own "North Shore" get-together?

OP
OP
JGK95

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob N Magnet,

Check out Lake Cook Road over in Northbrook! There's some sweet straights over there near the I-294 that might have closed private track times. :D

Jay K.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Magnet,

Saw your car. It was next to the HMS650R on the lift. Very nice. I love your wheels! Which HID's did you go with? Thoughts?

Lot's of Vipers out this way. There are 2 in my neighborhood. :) Frato's on Thursday nights is fun to sit around and look at cars. The VCA mtgs are coming up too.

There is a VCA dyno day at Street Stuff in Addison on Saturday from 9-5PM. I will try and stop by at some point. Probably earlier rather than later.

Not sure why the IL VCA stuff is never posted on the main boards here...

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Glenview too and also own most of the Budget Rent A Cars in the north shore. If you happen to see a 98 Silver GTS with a rent me sign, its me.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob, thanks. Just got the wheels in the fall and am already thinking about selling them for some Purner 505's. I got my HID's from Chad (Snakehydes) and love 'em. I have all my cars switched out to HID's now. When I drive a car without, it feels like you are wearing sunglasses at night now. Unfortunately, my car will still be in the shop Saturday...but maybe I could "rent" zen's :)

DAWING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at Fields this am returning some rotors.Saw your car parked and not being worked on.Been to fields twice and have been very pleased both times.Spent a couple days with my 01 gts at the autobahn.Ordered 355/345mm Brembos.Stock system with modifications got baked.Do any of you know of a Viper owner who sighned up for the Road America/BMW driver school next weekend ?

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Fields this am returning some rotors.Saw your car parked and not being worked on.Been to fields twice and have been very pleased both times.Spent a couple days with my 01 gts at the autobahn.Ordered 355/345mm Brembos.Stock system with modifications got baked.Do any of you know of a Viper owner who sighned up for the Road America/BMW driver school next weekend ?

I bought the pimping chromed and red Wilwood set-up that Ron had for sale here a week or so ago. Hoping a few high speed passes and the resultant brake dust tone that down. Anyway, it seemed a great deal for a four-wheel big-brake set-up.

Scott Heineman is the BMW instructor with a new yellow Viper you are thinking of. I am still a member of the club myself, although I haven't owned a BMW in a couple of years. Their track events are WAY cheaper than Viper Days.

How was the Autobahn park? Are you a member or did you ride in on someone's coat-tails?

DAWING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am Scott Heineman...I drove both tracks combined in my Viper.Very technical 24 turn course.Not alot of time to cool brakes.I melted a lot of rubber on my front suspension.Allready ordered some heat wrap from parts rack.A lot of potential passing areas for racing.

The viper owner I was asking about is going to be my student at Road America.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am Scott Heineman...

Then, I am guessing you know him?? That is too freaking funny!
Scott, we met at Gingerman a few times when I had a black Dinan M3. I was there with my son each time. I actually emailed Alex Lipowicz when I saw your first post, as he had mentioned someone with a Viper attending the BMW club events now. He's the one who told me you were the man, and that you had a yellow Viper. Sounds like you are breaking it in nicely :) I won't be at Gingerman this weekend but will be there for Viper Days. Don't know who the student is. Good luck and have fun.
--Manoj