Blue w/ white stripes pics

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm in love! :love: The pictures are from the Dallas auto show. Sorry, if they are a repost.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
L

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the closest thing that they make that would make me consider buying a Gen5. That paint job is timeless and needs a place in every generation, even for a limited run. Is it just me or does the new model come with quite a bit of negative camber in the front?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the closest thing that they make that would make me consider buying a Gen5. That paint job is timeless and needs a place in every generation, even for a limited run. Is it just me or does the new model come with quite a bit of negative camber in the front?

Timeless is right. Even without the heritage, blue/white looks exceptional on the Viper. By far, one of my favorites.

That pilot car is clearly lowered, with an aggressive alignment. I wish the production cars had that ride height, or at least a little lower than they are. But I suppose it's also good to not have to worry about speed bumps and driveways. I'd like to lower mine a little once someone comes out with a good solution for the GTS that doesn't sacrifice it's track dominating handling.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car looks great. I got to see it in person. However, even in person those wheels are terrible.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll 2nd the original post. Awesome in person...

Yes, here's a production Launch Edition with the 'gloss blackout'......Better looking in my opinion.

Hope to have one of these in the garage someday.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car looks great. I got to see it in person. However, even in person those wheels are terrible.

Terrible is a bit of an over reaction. There was a time when the 5 spokes were pretty popular on this site. I don't have any problem with them and think they look good with the GTS Blue/White. But then, I like the SRT stripes, too!

Bill

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible is a bit of an over reaction. There was a time when the 5 spokes were pretty popular on this site. I don't have any problem with them and think they look good with the GTS Blue/White. But then, I like the SRT stripes, too!

Bill

I like the 5 spokes too. I grew up with polished 5 spokes of various styles on my cars and on those that I drooled over. I like the Venoms a bit more, but would be happy with either

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They shoulda only made 33 Launch Editions like with the TA variation. Having 150 clones when there's 800 builds in a model year doesnt really make it so "limited" after all. Willing to bet Venom V's car or my car will be a rarer find.

Still classic viper colors though and **** as hell :)

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they arent? then why are all 150 of them numbered?

Well, I mean that exact configuration is limited to those 150 only - but as you said, not really "limited" when there are 150 exact copies out there. I think it is just a decent profit maker for SRT. Cheaper to make (exact copies) and extra cash ($1000 premium for the options in the Launch Edition features vs picking them individually)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 out of 800 units makes the launch 18.75% of the entire build which really isnt so exclusive after all and i do think going in they intended it to be exclusive. then again they anticipated making a lot more units this year than they are actually gonna make. not a fan of the wheels or the black interior. love my hyper venoms & sepia. i also suspect the novelty of the stripes will fade, maybe not, but glad i dont have stripes after all. this from a guy who was originally on the hunt for a LE.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 out of 800 units makes the launch 18.75% of the entire build which really isnt so exclusive after all and i do think going in they intended it to be exclusive. then again they anticipated making a lot more units this year than they are actually gonna make. not a fan of the wheels or the black interior. love my hyper venoms & sepia. i also suspect the novelty of the stripes will fade, maybe not, but glad i dont have stripes after all. this from a guy who was originally on the hunt for a LE.

Yes, but they will never offer B/W again on the Gen V.....so assuming they produce Gen V's for even say 7 years, the B/W will be a very small percentage by then. Of course I'm sure there will be even smaller numbers for unique color combos once they expand color palette. :)

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill

I have no problem with 5 spokes. I love 5 spoke wheels. Those, however, look terrible. Many share that sentiment on this site as when they were first shown, most posts were about the wheels looking bad. To me those wheels just don't look proportioned correctly. Something just seems off. They look like hub caps.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Production numbers are so low for the Viper that all Vipers are exclusive and pretty much unique, compared to most any exotic. Maybe the launch editions won't be unique at a VCA gathering. But anywhere else, any Viper is absolutely special and always the star of the show. So I think the key is to get the color scheme and options that you want, end of story.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the five spokes. They make this color combo kinda pop. I'd love to have one jus like it. The UC college system is getting my money for now, so I'll have to wait. :-(

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'm in love! :love: The pictures are from the Dallas auto show. Sorry, if they are a repost.

Is this the Shadow Blue Pearl or GTS Blue. I'm thinking of GTS in this colour with Track Pack, but not sure how good the dark Track Pack wheels and carbon fiber spoiler would look with the blue. Polished finished wheels definitely work. Thoughts?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the Shadow Blue Pearl or GTS Blue. I'm thinking of GTS in this colour with Track Pack, but not sure how good the dark Track Pack wheels and carbon fiber spoiler would look with the blue. Polished finished wheels definitely work. Thoughts?

Bruce,

That's GTS Blue. I personally don't like dark wheels with that color. I have polished Venoms with Hyper Black pockets that I will run my street rubber on, they're sitting in my garage just waiting for a car. Surprisingly, the Hyper Black color is decently bright. More like a metallic medium grey. Take a look at the pockets in the attached pic. I think the Hyper Black will look pretty good, but not the matte black.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't know if I should kick myself for not getting the track pack for the sidewinder wheels. I got the Matte Rattlers for my SRT... I think I may end up ordering the sidewingers later in the year, after the sting of the down payment wears off...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't know if I should kick myself for not getting the track pack for the sidewinder wheels. I got the Matte Rattlers for my SRT... I think I may end up ordering the sidewingers later in the year, after the sting of the down payment wears off...

There's a chance that I will sell my Sidewinder IIs, but still thinking about it. I'm really digging these Venoms! But I like the Sidewinder IIs as well, just haven't seen them in person. My tentative plan is to keep the Sidewinder IIs with Corsas for track duty, but haven't decided.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, but they will never offer B/W again on the Gen V.....so assuming they produce Gen V's for even say 7 years, the B/W will be a very small percentage by then.

Hah, yea right.

Remember they released the blue/white color combo for Gen4's and then later claimed it was an "accident". That conflicted with the First Edition Gen3, but apparently the white stripe was a slightly different color...

blue/white is such a beautiful and classic viper color combo. I hope they don't devalue the uniqueness of the 5'th gen blue/whites by letting customer buy blue/white gen5's in the future again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery