BMW Car Club, what a bunch of pricks!!!!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I went to the Baltimore Grand Prix this weekend and drove the Viper down. I took advantage of the Car Corral deal and it was well worth it, what a great event. Saturday I arrived at the car corral parked and watched practice but forgot to bring my bleacher seat pad so I headed back home to grab them. (only 15min each way). When I get back around 2pm I see that someone had parked where I was parked, no biggie I'll find another spot. So I see a space near the front and park there. People were around my car taking picks and so I popped the hood and started talking to people and answering questions about my car. Then I hear this voice yelling "You can't park there! You need to move that car! This is for BMW's only, we paid for all this space! Find somewhere else to park!". So I pop my head around my hood and tell him "Relax! I'm only trying to improve the quality of the cars parked here!". So I goto the back of my car to get something out and the guy says again, "you know you aren't supposed to park here, this is BMW only". I respond "look over there, there's 3 BMW's that I see from here parked in "our" section". He replies, "why don't you ask himm to move it?" and I reply "cause I'm not an as*hole!! people are parked everywhere, nobody cares. We are all car guys trying to enjoy each others cars, what the hell is the big deal?".

So after debating in my head, I decided to move it because I didn't want to worry about anyone doing anything to my car while inside the race track. So while passing by the cragity old BMW bastard, I walk over and ask, "happy now? ya sniveling cry baby. Thanks for being the typical pretencious BMW *****"

Sorry, if some of you are BMW owners and not like this, but that really got under my skin.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant either- they really want a mercedes but cant reach one

RCC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never understood poeple that act like that.

I always enjoy the M5 guys when they see the plate on my V....

You must be registered for see images attach

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I was there, never made it over to the corrals.

I've had 7 BMWs since the 80's. Over on the BMW forum my signature has this quote:
"what's the difference between a porcupine & a BMW? The porcupine has the pricks on the outside"

It always happens that someone will give me a "***?" post on my sig and ask why I put it there ... and I reply because of owners like you who can't laugh at it and get defensive. I've liked BMWs but not the avg owner .. so I kinda hate myself. LoL, but sold my 6spd 335 vert last weekend and I'm guessing that's my last BMW, they're just not what they used be, and I'd rather have another CTS-V again over any BMW any day.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aries, does your car have a wing? I can't see from your avatar, but if you were parked near the other exotics it looked great. Also, looks like I'll be your neighbor soon. Hope you enjoyed the race!

The typical BMW owner is a big part of why I'd like to sell my M3. The car is fine, but the other owners are not (with some exceptions). Not only did the BMW CCA clog up the corral with a LOT of unremarkable cars, they were total **********!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own BMWs. It's just a car. Owning them does not make me a better human being. I'm still a ***** no matter what I drive. :D BMWs are over-rated, over-engineered and shadowed by Audi these days anyway. Park a Viper amongst a BMW corral and one can literally hear the pucker-vortex of underwear being clenched around you. The Viper tends to do that to some folks. :2tu:

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aries, does your car have a wing? I can't see from your avatar, but if you were parked near the other exotics it looked great. Also, looks like I'll be your neighbor soon. Hope you enjoyed the race!

The typical BMW owner is a big part of why I'd like to sell my M3. The car is fine, but the other owners are not (with some exceptions). Not only did the BMW CCA clog up the corral with a LOT of unremarkable cars, they were total **********!

Yes, my car was the black with silver stripes with the ACR wing on it. I have nothing against the BMW, in fact I like many of their cars. I can appreciate a cool car regardless of who makes it.........except a corvette. ;) lol

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My daughter owns a Mini. I think that company is now owned by BMW....... does that count?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just BMW guys. Any car enthusiasts that are narrow minded and only see their brand as the ultimate is the same.

Why can't they be perfect and drive awesome cars like our vipers.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...vortex of underwear ... ha ha!
I hate to lump people together but the stereotype with these guys is definitely self inflicted. I've never heard a Viper owner say "I think I'll take the Veemer ..." ;)

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last month I drove my Viper with the Hoosier (Indiana) BMW Car Club on their trip to deal gap. I was going with a friend who ended up not going so my wife and I didn't know any of them and we treated us fantastically, only complementary to my Viper. Every club has it's jerks. But the BMW people I went with were great.

F

FrgMstr

BMW guys here in Texas that I have been exposed to have been very nice. Although they do seem a little miffed when their M3 autos cannot beat that Viper AutoX time. :D Still hella nice guys though.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That happened to me at a car show. I was just looking for a spot to park and the show attendant told me to park under a nice shed. I think he thought my red GTS was a Vette so he put me with them. A ***** that was the voice for the Vette guys piped up and told me I was not supposed to park there. I yelled back that the attendant told me to park there. He ducked his tail and left. One by one all the Vette guys came over secretly admiring my Viper, even the *****. Sometimes I think that these pricks feel like they have to be the protector of their clan, but ultimately wind up looking like a **** when they get called out in front of everybody.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own many cars and most all of them have a pretty well known club, Zo6 club, Porsche Club, Mustang clubs, Audi club ect, but this is the only club I deal with, just can't stand alot of the morons who are so closed minded, every fourm you go to, THAT car is the best and there basically is nothing else, B.S.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love chewing on them at the track. Would never own one.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought a '11 528i and i love it ...i have always been a BMW fan and always will own them .IMHO the best cars out there ...

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just BMW guys. Any car enthusiasts that are narrow minded and only see their brand as the ultimate is the same.
Yeah, that's how I feel too. I will admit that BMW owners tend to have a higher-than-the-norm percentage of d-bag owners (I used to work with one), but there are also a lot of owners who are just car guys.

Minus the poor nature of some of the owners, BMWs are great cars. I daily drive a 335i, and it'll be tough to go to something different in the future.

-Jon

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it.... whats special bout a bmw? ive had two. just a regular dd and nothing more. honesty a gen 3 will destroy the m5 straight line or curves and is easily 3 times more special.same with the other gens...the bmw hawaii club begs me to cruise with them...I always decline. they look all sad. its not that i think im better than them. its that their cars do nothing to excite me. If im gonna cruise 50 miles id prefer lambos gtrs z06s or even p tts. what in the world is speial about a car that looks like my two 2010 kia fortes with a differant emblem?

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife has owned a BMW 540i for 11 years so hope that doesn't count. Can't say I have ever talked to other BMW owners except for a few people I work with, course none belong to a club.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm not in any way trying to defend those guys, but am I the only one that read where he said that they PAID for those spots! Don't know if it makes a difference or not but it did catch my eye, though
he didn't have to holler it out like an idiot.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm not in any way trying to defend those guys, but am I the only one that read where he said that they PAID for those spots! Don't know if it makes a difference or not but it did catch my eye,

I saw that too. If their club paid for them then they're their spots.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: wait!!!! i just remembered, some friends of mine own bmw,s holy ****!!!! i take it all back!!!!!!!:bonker::panic:

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys I'm not in any way trying to defend those guys, but am I the only one that read where he said that they PAID for those spots! Don't know if it makes a difference or not but it did catch my eye, though
he didn't have to holler it out like an idiot.

I saw that too. If their club paid for them then they're their spots.

Right, and then read where there were BMW's parked in spaces that "we" paid for. Only difference is "we" didn't care and didn't get our ******* in a bunch. Beleive me I would have rather parked next to a Lambo or Ferrari anyway, but figured what the hell, there are cars intertwined (spelling?) among each other, so no big deal.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are pretty blessed here in the Midwest as almost all the Clubs get along with each other and in fact invite other makes to their track events. I would probably figure it was just one guy and not take the whole group to task. Heck, at VOI-11 we had Viper folks mad about a guy who brought his 300C stuffed with a Gen III motor and was in the picture at Park City. Both the officers and Dodge okayed his coming , but a few of our own got ruffled about it and asked him to move his car.

The humorous thing in our area is that all the Clubs like and respect each other , except a couple of the Corvette Clubs -- and they don't hate us either, they just hate the other Corvette Club ( strange)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hope this post puts things into perspective:

The larger clubs Porsche/Vette/BMW do pay for a certain number of spots and there is no reason that I can think of that a Viper owner should park in the middle of one of them, pop his hood to show off the spectacular/legendary V10 and take attention away from the specific corral. Put yourself in their shoes.

Sure the first guy didn’t have to yell from a distance at you(as you tell the story) he should have come up to you and explained the situation. However, you saying; "Relax! I'm only trying to improve the quality of the cars parked here!" likely left him with the impression of you being a pr!ck for shi!ting on their cars. A simple apology and moving your Viper over amongst the variety of exotics in the last two rows would have been the civilized thing to do.

Furthermore you going up to him afterward and spewing another attack was not civilized and I hope that he and whoever was around him didn’t get a bad impression of Viper owners.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, Your anger should be directed at Our VCA members for not having a decent turnout to have a corral to park with.
Three vipers? That was Fing pathetic considering howmany Vipers we have within driving distance of B-more

Also, I posted in the MD/VA section as well as the General section my phone# for any viper owners to give me a call if they wanted to meet up at this event. No-one including you contacted a fellow viper brother to hang out and shoot the ****.
I was showing your car to a few of my friends and would have loved to meet you and had you explain the car to them. I couldn’t figure out if it was a street serpent kit or what as the facia looked diff… didn’t even know it was boosted. That certainty would have impressed my friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking foward to the next B-moreGrandPrix Event. The whole thing was amazing including all the onsite activities like the concert Sat night wich rocked the house:headbang: