Body Colored Rear License Plate Holder?

Hard Knox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a vendor offering a body color rear license plate holder? I would like to find a silver one before my vanity tag arrives.

Thanks,

Robby Knox
Rincon, GA

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its not, Putting a frame on a licence plate in most cases is Tacky IMO.
The only time i see it looking good is if you live in a state with a bright border around the plate that you want to cover up with a thin black low-prfile frame. The OP is on the right track with wanting to paint the frame the color of the car.

I ESPECIALY cringe at all the sheep out there that drive away from a dealership without noticing or caring that the dealer slaped on a big advertising frame with theyre name on it!!!! Some even put a front license plate on the front of a I enjoy asking people: Would you mind if they put a big TOYOTA sticker on the side of your car??

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

Hard Knox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK. Funny enough, but I leave the car comedy to Leno. I did not ask for the finer points of what is tacky or not. Can someone just answer my question?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about one of these?

Viper SRT License Plate Frame

Or head to Pep Boys & get a generic frame & a can of Duplicolor:dunno:

Yep. MGW makes the BEST billet products of this nature, but they make black, satin and chrome. If you want it to match you Viper color, as someone else mentioned, you'll likely need to paint it yourself. I just don't understand why you'd want a matching colored plate frame since it will effectively disappear visually? :dunno: Isn't the point of any frame to offset the framed object...with a frame?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand why you'd want a matching colored plate frame since it will effectively disappear visually? :dunno: Isn't the point of any frame to offset the framed object...with a frame?

Not nessesarely, refer to my first post about covering up a bright border with a thin frame...

OP, if you want a straight answer its no,
buy a frame and paint it youself

...just dont spray paint it while its on the car:2tu:

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a pic of it, but our regional President has a plate holder that says, I like Corvettes they taste like Chicken :lmao:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about it. A Viper needs a license plate frame as much as a ricer needs a bigger rear wing or a person needs 2 azzholes. GTS Bruce