Boomerang 2; insurer is forcing me

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have this thing. The guy told me that if I don't use the car at least once a week the battery will decharge (sounds exaggerated). Would you worry about it? I hate having to install these things.

Michael

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont drive or start my car for two months during the winter. It starts right away with out a tender or charging the battery. Dont worry you'll be ok.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started my car every 6 weeks no problem over the winter
and now my battery is 2 years old so swapped it out with an optima
just to be safe.
never want to get stuck with a dead battery.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have the thing in your garage Michael??

Spill the beans on the pickup, first impressions, etc!!

Some guys run a battery tender that monitors the battery and charges (I believe low amp) when needed, perfect for long term storage. It hooks up to the remote points under the hood, not at the battery from my understanding.

The small draw that powers the alarm and radio presets, etc takes alot longer than a week to drain her in my opinion.

Something to consider in the winter at best, you'll be driving you car too much to worry about discharge from non-use, haha.....

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan, that battery tender is exactly what the dealer said. I think I will try it out first without the backup. My insurance carrier will not insure me before it is installed!?!? I pick up the car only next Thursday while it is being installed. I don't want to complain too much because I am only paying 650$ per year :D But I have a mother of a deductible; 3000$! I guess the boomerang makes sense when you think of it.

I left you an e-mail. Grand Bend or bust eh? ;) Count me in.

Michael

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$650 a year, come on!!!

Who is the underwriter, I'm at around $2500 with a clean record.......

I'm moving over to your way, do the women find it cute when someone fumbles with the French language?? I'm in!!

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2500$ That is high. However, maybe the location is a factor. But still that is nearly 4 times the amount. The price is 1377$ to be exact for 1 year, but since the Viper is only for 6 months it is half. I do have the house, Acura, Vette and Polaris with them plus the Viper, so it does have an effect with the extra cars. She said I saved like 300$ that is it.

Call Meloche Monnex @ 1-800-361-3821. The only catch is you have to be part of an association. I am with Power Corporation, but it could be the engineering ass. University Grad, law etc... I think there could be some savings in there for you, especially with a clean record (like mine). You could ask for JULIE JACQUART, (pronounced jakar) she took care of me and finally understands what a Viper is... :D

As for the accent, well nothing seems to turn the local women on more than the accent. :cool: I speak perfect french (I have to for my job) but I slip in a "how do you say?" every once and a while... ;) They eat it up.

You will have to put this to test sometime this summer. :)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Check out Farm Bureau

I'm getting a car (hopefully) next week and State Farm is charging me $525 for 6 months. I went to the local VCA meeting and one of the members that was there said he only pays $371 per 6 months with Farm Bureau. I had him repeat that and he said it again. Hard to believe but he swears its the truth. So I'm checking with Farm Bureau on Monday.

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Check out Farm Bureau

Really Gerald? That is extremely affordable. We don't have State Farm (I think that is what you said) north of the border. Have you thought about Alarm systems. I have not seen many posts on the factory alarm system. I guess when the car is NEVER out of your sight it becomes secondary. ;)

Michael

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960