Borla cat back any good?

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookin in to exhaust for my 2001 rt and wow this stuff is a lot of clams ,I notice that the borla is about 500$ less than the others Belanger and Corsa haven't really seen anybody w/ the borla is it that bad? I'm looking for a deep tone w/ out being too loud .

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put a Magnaflow catback on the GTS this spring. And i Love it. I was going to get the Borla but this was a better deal at the time. You might get a little drone, but the trade off is that your going to get a nice exhaust note.
There are lots of thread on this and an " Official Exhaust Thread " Try reading through that.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have full Borla inc headers with no cats and rear muffler delete and love it...... Quite when cruising but WOT is where its at........

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have full Borla inc headers with no cats and rear muffler delete and love it...... Quite when cruising but WOT is where its at........

I have the same set up and ask anyone in my region who's Viper sounds the best.... :headbang:

They make two set ups.... Two muffler and four muffler.... go with the two muffler set up.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, WIFE prefers Borla cat-back...has one on her 1999 ACR and one on her 2001 GTS...better sound at idle, not too loud at speed...sounds good on acceleration.

With windows up on Gen II coupes, I prefer the Corsa cat-back...which is on our 1997 GTS. It is NOT as loud as the Borla, has no drone at 2200-2500 rpm as the Borla does.

Blown408

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I have seen a couple used exhausts on here and viperalley if you wanted to save some dollars

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a deep tone w/ out being too loud .

Oilman. I think that ANY Cat-back system will give you the sound you are looking for as long as you plan to keep the stock headers&cats.

However if you ever plan on opening up the headers&cats to 3" then the corsa is advised tame the drone.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the two muffler borla on my 97 and at first I thought it was a little too loud, and you do have a little bit of interior drone at certain RPM. In the end I learn to live with it since it does sound pretty in your face, like this car was originally designed to be.

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a nice 3" corsa full catback i'm selling if you're interseted. The borla drone's too much