Borla exhaust fitment

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a good Idea, but would like some help on this. Do all ehxaust (Cat Back) systems fit from the 03 to 06 also fit on the 08 Verts and Coupes? Borla is a system I am looking at. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Yes they do Jeff, but a word of caution I recently had a customer ship his car here after he had purchased a Mopar race exhaust and it does NOT fit.

I have a good Idea, but would like some help on this. Do all ehxaust (Cat Back) systems fit from the 03 to 06 also fit on the 08 Verts and Coupes? Borla is a system I am looking at. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! What problems did he have! Was it the length? or the Hanger position?. This is an auction item so returns will most likely not be possible!

Reaction score
The tip design is more suited for the Comp Coupe than the street car. The angle of the tips and the growth of the entire system will not allow the positioning in the hole to not change enough to prevent it from hitting or burning the rear of the sill. The CC sills are in further and the hole is more elongated. We ended up having to purchase mandrel bent 3" pipe and fab up tips that would work and also redo the hanger system. The mufflers also are very large in diameter and may contact the insulation enough to were through if not positioned perfectly in the sill.

All in all a lot of work that could be prevented with a different system.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will assume these problems came from the Mopar system being the Race system not the street system. This Borla system is a used cat back system,750 miles, came off an SRT they went with a complete belanger header to tip system or so the story goes! I am not a big fan of the borla Bell shapped tip, but it may do the job. If not I may be selling a used borla cat back exhaust, who knows it will be just how I do things I guess! Thanks for the replys.
Jeff